Wakeup Call: 79-year-old pleads guilty in Toledo game-fixing case
Links, links, links. It's what we do for you every weekday morning. Stock up.
Word came down Tuesday that Dick Vitale will call the first Final Four of his career this year, on ESPN International. A neat look back on college basketball's most popular and polarizing ambassador of the past 20 years.
Around the World
Woman claims she was evicted due to her cancer. || Look at this picture and realize we are but nothing. || If you're on Instagram, your photo feed will now be available online in quasi blog form. || "What key do you do it in?" "What key do you want it in?" I love (and have daydreamed a thousands times) when a musician invites a person on stage and has them play a song. || Only girls asked to stop swearing at a New Jersey high school.
- Goodman updated his latest mock draft on Tuesday night. I'm fascinated by it, personally. A lot of questions, and I think a lot of movement in general between now and June.
- Latest look at Player of the Year has me thinking Kelly Olynyk should still be higher.
- A 79-year-old man was a key figure in the oft-overlooked Toledo game-fixing scandal from a few years back, and on Tuesday that man pleaded guilty.
- Really good insight and opinion into Blaine Taylor's firing at Old Dominion Tuesday.
- A player on a sleeper team come March was arrested for a DUI.
- ESPN had unfettered access (does any other word ever come after "unfettered" than "access"?) in the lead-up to Ohio State-Michigan. Some really great photos in there.
- The randomness of 3-point rebounding. I love this stuff.
- A feature on the intensity of basketball in the city of Memphis -- middle school basketball.
- Jason Lisk lays out where the RPI's finding value in certain teams -- and how/why those teams might lose early in March.
- And what of the difference in RPI and ... BPI?
- USA Today is quite diligent about getting information on coaches' salaries. It uncovered the coin Brad Stevens was making as of last season.
- More love for Belmont and its chances at being a feared Cinderella type again this season.
- A different way of looking at what the BracketBusters matchups do -- or don't -- offer in their final season.
- If you want a hi-def look at the new uniforms that I hate, well then.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» These parents will inadvertently start the next YouTube trend of babies making trick shots. Barring a toddler dunking on an 8-foot hoop, this'll be the only one I share here.
I think I'll just share records/songs this week that I usually enjoy in the month of February. Modest Mouse's The Moon and Antarctica is another one. A classic indie-rock album. Tomorrow, we diverge away from the genre for something else completely different.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander discuss the latest in college basketball -- including Kansas'...
Porter Jr. has reportedly been cleared for basketball activities but isn't set to return any...
Van Gundy spoke out against the governing body and called the one-and-done rule 'racist'
The Spartans finished the regular season with 12 consecutive wins
The Wildcats could look like a completely different team come Selection Sunday
Southern California also helped its NCAA Tournament selection hopes