Wakeup Call: Big East, Catholic 7 meeting today to plan their futures
A hearty hat tip to the SB Nation busy bees for always being on the ball when it comes to GIFs. This one inside is a keeper.
A hearty hat tip to the SB Nation busy bees for always being on the ball when it comes to GIFs. This one's a keeper. As always, you can email or tweet me links as well. I welcome the help! Matt.email@example.com.
Around the World
A reason to dream: "Blogger makes $333,000 online in a day." || The best-headline-of-2013 contest is off to a rousing start. || Superman spotted flying along the California coast. Creative people rock. || "How blind people use Instagram." || How rich/poor/average is the area you live in? How about your parents? Your best friend from high school? Lose yourself in this.
- The next phase of Del Big East Vista will continue on this morning/afternoon.
- Not to be outdone, the Catholic 7 are also meeting and super excited about it. This is all feeling very The CW right now.
- Tad Boyle, on the heels of that unfair ending for his Buffs last night, wants to eliminate replay reviews. Love your coaching, Tad, but this is of course a silly idea and will have no merit going forward.
- Yesterday's Wakeup Call had the title "Another rivalry comes to an end." I was referring to Memphis and Tennessee. But now that's apparently not the case, and the Tigers' AD is embarrassing himself and his coach left and right.
- In case you missed it, Joe Biden be tweetin' hoops stars.
- Time for a beefy stock report. Who should we be buying, selling, holding?
- Gotta give a little love to CBS Sports Net's Jon Rothstein's occasional dispatches on hoops.
- We've mentioned it on the blog before, but it's only getting better for former Rutgers star Quincy Duby overseas.
- Miami Hurricanes basketball has concocted a new plan to sell more tickets.
- In wake of a stroke, the Sutton family reaches out to express their appreciation for support.
- Good video from over the holiday break that we didn't get around to posting. So here!
- Turns out, the odds and signs show the NCAA is set to tangle itself even more when it comes to upcoming violation investigations.
- A really good examination here on the NCAA tournament and the trends/how/why they happen. Bookmark it for down the road.
- Quietly, this is how the Big East has continued to honor the victims of Sandy Hook.
- The Barclays Center continues to bring in more and more basketball attractions.
- Did you happen to see this bonkers out-of-bounds shot from a girls high school game?
- Very inspiring story here, a nice one to take into the weekend.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» In a case of interesting timing, Arizona Athletics sent out this top-10-plays-of-the-season-so-far video earlier this week. No play -- other than Nick Johnson's sick swat below -- has been as big as the officials waving off that Sabatino Chen 3 from Thursday night.
I haven't shared nearly enough hip-hop in the Wakeup Calls so far this season. Let's change that. Sure, I like the old-school stuff more than almost anything of the past 10 years, but I suppose that's natural for most of us with our music. So here's a classic from an all-time artist, one of the biggest underground rap stars in history: KRS-One's "Duck Down." Instrumental version. You can find the lyrical one here.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
Coach Shaka Smart doesn't expect him to be out for an extended period of time
Jackson isn't showing the Sun Devils much respect after beating KU
One AP voter must not know ASU is undefeated with wins over the Jayhawks and Musketeers
Duke and Kansas take a hit in the coaches poll
The top 10 gets a major shakeup after a wild week of upsets
The Sun Devils make a big jump and the Jayhawks slide after ASU pulls the big upset