Wakeup Call: Louisville introduces new uniforms
Borzello is steering the ship for only one more day, but feel free to send him any interesting links at firstname.lastname@example.org in the future.
|It felt cool throwing up a Chris Paul Wake Forest photo on Thursday, so here's Kevin Pittsnogle. No reason. (Getty Images)|
Since I dominated my Wakeup Call duties on Thursday morning, I’m taking the reins one more time. Norlander will likely regain the honors on Monday morning, since he doesn’t trust me with this. Dig in.
Around the World
If you watched the 30 Rock finale, you saw a new Ben & Jerry’s flavor. || Worst household chores? Drew Magary ranks them. || These aren’t photographs. They’re pencil drawings. Wow. || Someone’s got questions about the new Geico talking pig commercial. || Got a referee fighting a player in Russian hockey. || Why does China keep hacking The New York Times?
- Louisville is breaking out new uniforms for its White Out game on Sunday against Marquette.
- North Carolina State might be without Lorenzo Brown for its weekend tilt with Miami.
- Butler guard Chase Stigall on what happened against Saint Louis: “We got punked.”
- Foul or play defense when up by three in the final seconds? More viewpoints.
- A former Detroit assistant is suing the school, claiming he was unjustly fired after blowing the whistle on an alleged affair within the department.
- Michigan and Indiana are battling on Saturday night. And those two are also changing the perception of Big Ten hoops.
- An awesome look into the typical (or not-so-typical) day in the life of Tom Izzo.
- Gregg Marshall knew the risk involved with recruiting Carl Hall, who has a history of heart problems. But it’s paying off for everyone involved.
- How about 4,000 words on Sydney Johnson’s journey to 100 career wins?
- The story of a former Xavier walk-on battling cancer -- and what his former teammates are doing in support.
- New Mexico State won on Thursday night, but the Aggies also indefinitely suspended starting forward Tyrone Watson.
- From our college football blog, an NCAA investigator said the Miami investigation was “good work.” John Infante respectfully disagrees.
- John Thompson calls the breakup of the Big East “a total money grab.”
- Tennis balls and medicine balls were the key to Kelly Olynyk’s breakout season after redshirting last year.
- Disturbing story about former Indiana guard Devan Dumes, who was arrested after allegedly being involved in his second shooting in less than a month.
- People always complain about officiating in college basketball. Here are some (not so serious) ways to fix those problems.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» A third grade class lip-syncing and dancing through a song about Indiana basketball? Even if you're not a Hoosiers fan, it's pretty cool.
I wasn’t sure I was going to get a chance to bring some more house music to the Wakeup Call. This was a close runner-up on Thursday -- and I bet you won’t get it out of your head.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, subscribe to our RSS Feed and subscribe to our College Basketball Newsletter. You can follow Jeff Borzello on Twitter here: @jeffborzello
Marvin Bagley, if eligible at Duke this season, projects as the country's top power forwar...
The Big Ten Tournament is a week earlier than usual, so the regular-season schedule may look...
Arizona, Grand Canyon and Tulane are also in Barcelona and have reported to be accounted for...
The Kansas forward is no longer accused of walking out on an $88 tab
Cavaliers basketball coach tapes statement on behalf of his university and his city
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander discuss all things Marvin Bagley and his immediate future