Wakeup Call: The best tourney buzzer-beaters, all in one place
Let's get right to the links, which are quick and easy and perfect to settle into the weekend with.
|Sean Miller don't care. But Miller's Wildcats couldn't keep up with Colorado on Thursday night. (US Presswire)|
Let's get right to the links, which are quick and easy and perfect to settle into the weekend with. If you missed Frank Martin's interesting press conference, head on over to Night Court when you're done here.
Around the World
Around 2 p.m. today, a rock half the size of a football field's gonna cruise past our planet. We're supposed to be OK, but apparently the universe just sent the first Decepticon to Russia a few hours back. || Cool little story, even after Valentine's Day. || Surprisingly, the fax machine is far from death in the Far East. || I am very much looking forward to this record in a few months. || Always embarrassing, though I gotta admit it took me about 10 seconds to spot the error. || Fun, and yet you might wanna throw up: go inside and see the view from a flying F18.
- Good ol' reliable Good 'n' Plenty from Goodman.
- Burn 10 minutes and watch the 20 best buzzer-beaters from the NCAA tournament.
- I'm asking you to guess which state produces the most McDonald's All-Americans. Nope. Wrong answer. Guess again. Nope, also wrong. Third guess? Incorrect again. Check here for which it is.
- And here are the McD's rosters for the 2013 game.
- An examination of the sport's best men from deep. Who are they, and where are they from?
- Which teams have helped/hurt their chances for NCAA tourney bids the most as of late?
- Nate Wolters means an autolink. Rules of the WC.
- A really eye-opening look into how Michigan State prepped to destroy Michigan -- and then did.
- Love The New Yorker for many things, usually not sports, though.
- I agree with this premise and proposition.
- Jarnell Stokes is not getting the love that he should this season because Tennessee is average.
- That's not nice, Minnesota fans.
- The NCAA, still, wants no betting going down in Jersey on its games.
- Wait, you're telling me the Maryland athletic department that recently had to cut some sports is now ponying up to give all its players iPads?
- Pardon me while I blush, but how nice to see the podcast get some love. And a good list of other pods worth checking out as well.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» More Harlem Shake. Colorado this time. I promise this'll be it, barring something exceedingly creative/groundbreaking/hilarious. Basically, some head coach is going to have to step up and be the ring leader.
In honor of Cal just knocking the snot out of UCLA on Thursday night, we'll go with the Crows for Berkeley grad Adam Duritz. Unfortunately, these dudes are just burned out beyond belief these days. But their first three albums still find my ears a few times a year. Here's one of my favorites.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
Was there contact? 'Everybody saw it,' UK coach John Calipari said
After losing its second game this week, a deep NCAA Tournament run looks far-fetched for U...
Coach K shows he is on on top of his game by landing the best three prospects in the Class...
The Buckeyes and Boilermakers continue to assert their dominance in the Big Ten
The 5-star phenom was thought to be headed to Clemson, but was swayed to the Blue Devils
The nation's No. 3 player will commit Saturday and here's his impact on each of his finali...