Utah @ Washington
Regular Season Records: Utah 11-19; Washington 16-14
What to Know
The Washington Huskies and the Utah Utes are set to clash at 11:30 p.m. ET March 9 at T-Mobile Arena in the first round of the Pac-12 Conference Tournament. The Huskies will be strutting in after a win while Utah will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Washington didn't have too much trouble with the Oregon State Beavers at home on Saturday as they won 78-67. Washington's guard Terrell Brown Jr. did his thing and had 24 points.
Meanwhile, the contest between Utah and the Colorado Buffaloes on Saturday was not particularly close, with Utah falling 84-71. Utah's loss came about despite a quality game from guard David Jenkins Jr., who had 18 points in addition to six boards. Jenkins Jr. had some trouble finding his footing against the Arizona State Sun Devils two weeks ago, so this was a step in the right direction.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Huskies are expected to win a tight contest on Wednesday. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Washington ranks 26th in college basketball when it comes to takeaways, with 15.5 on average. On the other end of the spectrum, the Utes are 16th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.5 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 11:30 p.m. ET
- Where: T-Mobile Arena -- Las Vegas, Nevada
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Huskies are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Utes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Huskies, as the game opened with the Huskies as a 1-point favorite.
Utah have won nine out of their last 14 games against Washington.
- Jan 29, 2022 - Washington 77 vs. Utah 73
- Jan 06, 2022 - Washington 74 vs. Utah 68
- Mar 10, 2021 - Utah 98 vs. Washington 95
- Jan 24, 2021 - Washington 83 vs. Utah 79
- Dec 03, 2020 - Utah 76 vs. Washington 62
- Jan 23, 2020 - Utah 67 vs. Washington 66
- Feb 20, 2019 - Washington 62 vs. Utah 45
- Jan 10, 2019 - Washington 69 vs. Utah 53
- Feb 15, 2018 - Utah 70 vs. Washington 58
- Jan 18, 2018 - Utah 70 vs. Washington 62
- Feb 11, 2017 - Utah 85 vs. Washington 61
- Jan 21, 2017 - Utah 94 vs. Washington 72
- Feb 10, 2016 - Utah 90 vs. Washington 82
- Jan 24, 2016 - Utah 80 vs. Washington 75
Injury Report for Washington
- Samuel Ariyibi: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
Injury Report for Utah
- Bostyn Holt: Out for the Season (Knee)