Bradley @ Illinois State
Current Records: Bradley 8-9; Illinois State 8-8
What to Know
The Bradley Braves lost both of their matches to the Illinois State Redbirds last season on scores of 56-71 and 71-88, so they're hoping to turn the tables this season. The Braves and Illinois State will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday at Redbird Arena. Bradley should still be riding high after a victory, while Illinois State will be looking to get back in the win column.
Bradley took their contest at home last week with ease, bagging a 79-47 win over the Evansville Aces. Among those leading the charge for Bradley was forward Rienk Mast, who dropped a double-double on 23 points and 13 rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Redbirds received a tough blow last Wednesday as they fell 86-75 to the Drake Bulldogs. The losing side was boosted by forward Kendall Lewis, who had 20 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Braves are expected to win a tight contest. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Bradley's win brought them up to 8-9 while Illinois State's defeat pulled them down to 8-8. A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Bradley have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.60%, which places them 34th in college basketball. Less enviably, the Redbirds are sixth worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 78.4 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Redbird Arena -- Normal, Illinois
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Braves are a slight 2-point favorite against the Redbirds, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
Illinois State have won seven out of their last 12 games against Bradley.
- Feb 18, 2021 - Illinois State 88 vs. Bradley 71
- Jan 20, 2021 - Illinois State 71 vs. Bradley 56
- Feb 26, 2020 - Bradley 74 vs. Illinois State 71
- Jan 22, 2020 - Bradley 75 vs. Illinois State 63
- Feb 16, 2019 - Bradley 65 vs. Illinois State 59
- Jan 23, 2019 - Bradley 85 vs. Illinois State 68
- Feb 14, 2018 - Bradley 70 vs. Illinois State 58
- Jan 17, 2018 - Illinois State 70 vs. Bradley 57
- Feb 11, 2017 - Illinois State 64 vs. Bradley 50
- Jan 18, 2017 - Illinois State 69 vs. Bradley 49
- Feb 14, 2016 - Illinois State 75 vs. Bradley 60
- Jan 20, 2016 - Illinois State 55 vs. Bradley 52
Injury Report for Illinois State
- Mark Freeman: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
Injury Report for Bradley
- Ja'Shon Henry: Game-Time Decision (Concussion)