Purdue @ Michigan
Current Records: Purdue 21-3; Michigan 12-9
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Michigan Wolverines are heading back home. Michigan and the #3 Purdue Boilermakers will face off in a Big Ten battle at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Crisler Center. The Wolverines are out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
Michigan escaped with a win on Tuesday against the Penn State Nittany Lions by the margin of a single free throw, 58-57. Michigan's center Hunter Dickinson did his thing and posted a double-double on 19 points and 15 rebounds in addition to four blocks.
Meanwhile, Purdue strolled past the Illinois Fighting Illini with points to spare on Tuesday, taking the game 84-68. It was another big night for Purdue's guard Jaden Ivey, who had 26 points and six assists.
The Wolverines are expected to lose this next one by 3.5. Their home court has been no bettor's paradise, as they've failed to beat the spread in six of their nine home games.
The wins brought Michigan up to 12-9 and the Boilermakers to 21-3. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Michigan is fourth worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only ten on average. Purdue is completely their equal: they are stumbling into the contest with the fourth fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only ten on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Crisler Center -- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Boilermakers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Wolverines, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Boilermakers as a 3-point favorite.
Michigan have won eight out of their last 13 games against Purdue.
- Feb 05, 2022 - Purdue 82 vs. Michigan 76
- Jan 22, 2021 - Michigan 70 vs. Purdue 53
- Feb 22, 2020 - Michigan 71 vs. Purdue 63
- Jan 09, 2020 - Michigan 84 vs. Purdue 78
- Dec 01, 2018 - Michigan 76 vs. Purdue 57
- Mar 04, 2018 - Michigan 75 vs. Purdue 66
- Jan 25, 2018 - Purdue 92 vs. Michigan 88
- Jan 09, 2018 - Purdue 70 vs. Michigan 69
- Mar 10, 2017 - Michigan 74 vs. Purdue 70
- Feb 25, 2017 - Michigan 82 vs. Purdue 70
- Mar 12, 2016 - Purdue 76 vs. Michigan 59
- Feb 13, 2016 - Michigan 61 vs. Purdue 56
- Jan 07, 2016 - Purdue 87 vs. Michigan 70
Injury Report for MichiganNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Purdue
- Trey Kaufman-Renn: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Brian Waddell: Out for the Season (Knee)