Alabama @ Ole Miss
Current Records: Alabama 14-9; Ole Miss 12-11
What to Know
The Alabama Crimson Tide are 6-2 against the Ole Miss Rebels since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success on Wednesday. Bama and Ole Miss will face off in an SEC battle at 8:30 p.m. ET at The Pavilion at Ole Miss. Neither the Crimson Tide nor Ole Miss could muster much offensive firepower in their last games, so look to the defense to decide this one.
On Saturday, Bama lost to the Kentucky Wildcats at home by a decisive 66-55 margin. Alabama's defeat came about despite a quality game from center Charles Bediako, who had 12 points in addition to eight rebounds. Bediako's performance made up for a slower contest against the Auburn Tigers last Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Ole Miss was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Saturday as they fell 62-57 to the Florida Gators. Guard Jarkel Joiner had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only seven points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 40 minutes on the court.
The Crimson Tide are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 5-13 against the spread when favored.
These two teams will surely be fighting tooth and nail to get back into the win column after losses last week. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: The Pavilion at Ole Miss -- Oxford, Mississippi
- TV: SEC Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.77
The Crimson Tide are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Rebels, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Alabama have won six out of their last eight games against Ole Miss.
- Dec 29, 2020 - Alabama 82 vs. Ole Miss 64
- Feb 22, 2020 - Alabama 103 vs. Ole Miss 78
- Mar 14, 2019 - Alabama 62 vs. Ole Miss 57
- Jan 22, 2019 - Alabama 74 vs. Ole Miss 53
- Jan 23, 2018 - Ole Miss 78 vs. Alabama 66
- Mar 01, 2017 - Alabama 70 vs. Ole Miss 55
- Mar 10, 2016 - Alabama 81 vs. Ole Miss 73
- Jan 07, 2016 - Ole Miss 74 vs. Alabama 66
Injury Report for Ole Miss
- Robert Allen: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Daeshun Ruffin: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Alabama
- Nimari Burnett: Out for the Season (Knee)