Tulsa @ SMU
Current Records: Tulsa 4-8; SMU 5-8
What to Know
The SMU Mustangs are 9-3 against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane since December of 2015, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. SMU and Tulsa will face off in an American Athletic battle at 3 p.m. ET at Moody Coliseum. The Mustangs won both of their matches against the Golden Hurricane last season (75-61 and 83-58) and are aiming for the same result this time around.
SMU lost 58-57 to the Hawaii Warriors last week on a last-minute half-court bomb from Hawaii's JoVon McClanahan with 0:01 left to play. The top scorer for SMU was guard Zhuric Phelps (20 points).
Meanwhile, Tulsa took a serious blow against the Houston Cougars this past Wednesday, falling 89-50. Forward Bryant Selebangue (13 points) was the top scorer for Tulsa.
SMU is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a four-game streak of ATS wins.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the win. Neither squad could put together much of an offensive attack, so expect every point to count.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: Moody Coliseum -- Dallas, Texas
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.00
The Mustangs are a big 8-point favorite against the Golden Hurricane, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Mustangs, as the game opened with the Mustangs as a 6.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
SMU have won nine out of their last 12 games against Tulsa.
- Mar 11, 2022 - SMU 83 vs. Tulsa 58
- Feb 23, 2022 - SMU 75 vs. Tulsa 61
- Dec 29, 2021 - SMU 74 vs. Tulsa 69
- Feb 03, 2021 - SMU 65 vs. Tulsa 63
- Feb 22, 2020 - Tulsa 79 vs. SMU 57
- Mar 14, 2019 - SMU 74 vs. Tulsa 65
- Jan 12, 2019 - SMU 77 vs. Tulsa 57
- Feb 01, 2018 - Tulsa 76 vs. SMU 67
- Mar 02, 2017 - SMU 93 vs. Tulsa 70
- Feb 04, 2017 - SMU 76 vs. Tulsa 53
- Feb 10, 2016 - Tulsa 82 vs. SMU 77
- Dec 29, 2015 - SMU 81 vs. Tulsa 69