Texas-El Paso @ Western Kentucky
Regular Season Records: Texas-El Paso 14-17; Western Kentucky 16-15
What to Know
The Texas-El Paso Miners haven't won a contest against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers since Feb. 6 of 2016, but they'll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. Texas-El Paso and WKU are set to clash at 6:30 p.m. ET March 8 at Ford Center at The Star in the first round of the Conference USA Conference Tourney. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close game.
The Middle Tenn. Blue Raiders typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday the Miners proved too difficult a challenge. Texas-El Paso took down Middle Tenn. 77-65.
Meanwhile, it's never fun to lose, and it's even less fun to lose 67-33, which was the final score in Western Kentucky's tilt against the North Texas Mean Green this past Saturday.
Texas-El Paso's win lifted them to 14-17 while Western Kentucky's loss dropped them down to 16-15. We'll see if Texas-El Paso can repeat their recent success or if the Hilltoppers bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Ford Center at The Star -- Frisco, Texas
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hilltoppers are a slight 1-point favorite against the Miners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
Western Kentucky have won six out of their last seven games against Texas-El Paso.
- Mar 02, 2023 - Western Kentucky 73 vs. Texas-El Paso 68
- Feb 04, 2023 - Western Kentucky 74 vs. Texas-El Paso 69
- Feb 13, 2020 - Western Kentucky 67 vs. Texas-El Paso 62
- Feb 02, 2019 - Western Kentucky 76 vs. Texas-El Paso 59
- Feb 01, 2018 - Western Kentucky 72 vs. Texas-El Paso 60
- Jan 26, 2017 - Western Kentucky 65 vs. Texas-El Paso 62
- Feb 06, 2016 - Texas-El Paso 93 vs. Western Kentucky 89