Which schools' former players are making the most NBA money?
Sure, Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, UConn are on the list. But in what order? And who are the surprise teams with guys making loads of money?
If you're going to measure success of colleges boasting former players in the NBA, dollars earned is certainly one way to do that.
Collegespun.com did the long arithmetic and identified which schools are seeing their former players bring in the most money. It's a valid inquisition, because this kind of stuff absolutely means a lot to players as they decide on where to go. Not every 17-year-old, Division I-bound kid is fixated on his path to the NBA and the money that he could eventually make, but plenty are.
And with the NBA playoffs in full bloom, the draft lottery next week and the NBA Draft coming up next month, why not take a look at the connection between college and the pros? So here's how things tallied up for the 2012-13 season, with salaries according to ESPN.com's database. (I double-checked using DraftExpress.com's salary database as well.) Check the original report for the full info on team salaries; I'm just passing along the list and the highest-paid alum still wearing NBA threads.
15. Michigan State. Highest-paid former player: Zach Randolph ($16.5 million).
14. Marquette. Dwyane Wade ($17.2 million).
13. Syracuse. Carmelo Anthony ($19.9 million).
12. LSU. Tyrus Thomas ($8 million)
11. Wake Forest. Chris Paul ($18.1 million).
10. North Carolina. Marvin Williams ($8.3 million).
9. Georgia Tech. Chris Bosh ($17.5 million).
8. Texas. Kevin Durant ($15 million).
7. Kansas. Paul Pierce ($16.8 million).
6. Arizona. Andre Iguodala ($14.7 million).
5. UCLA. Russell Westbrook ($13.7 million).
4. Kentucky. Rajon Rondo ($11 million).
3. Florida. David Lee ($12.7 million).
2. Connecticut. Rudy Gay ($16.4 million).
1. Duke. Carlos Boozer ($15 million).
The voter has Northwestern seven spots ahead of undefeated Texas Tech, which just blasted the...
The 7-foot-1 center is the No. 3 prospect in the Class of 2018, according to 247Sports
Alabama enters the top 25 while Northwestern drops out after a rough week
Four years ago, Bryant told Jimmy Kimmel that he'd have picked UNC
Dates, start times and streams of LaVar Ball's interview with CNN
Wichita State and Notre Dame could meet in the final of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational