Mid-November has arrived this college football season, meaning that division and conference title races are reaching a boiling point across the country. The slate for Week 11 action features two massive Big Ten games, a Big 12 showdown, a storied SEC East rivalry and a matchup in the SEC West with postseason ramifications.
No. 6 Michigan will look to keep its Big Ten and College Football Playoff hopes alive in Happy Valley against Penn State, while No. 19 Purdue will take on No. 4 Ohio State in the Horseshoe. Meanwhile, No. 8 Oklahoma will head to Waco to face No. 13 Baylor, In the SEC, Tennessee will host top-ranked Georgia and No. 11 Texas A&M will head to the Grove play No. 15 Ole Miss.
Get your popcorn ready. With so much going on, it seems appropriate that we provide you, the reader, with a handy viewer's guide to help you navigate through the action. All times Eastern.
The biggest games
No. 8 Oklahoma at No. 13 Baylor -- noon on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): The Sooners seemingly have to apologize for winning every week. The Bears have to get a win to keep their Big 12 Championship Game hopes alive. Style points from Oklahoma against a respectable opponent would sit well with the CFP selection committee.
No. 6 Michigan at Penn State -- noon on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free): The Wolverines are only 1.5-point favorites over the Nittany Lions, which suggests that this one will be close. If that's the case, expect the blood pressure of Michigan fans to rise in a hurry. It's hard to imagine a scenario in which a two-loss Big Ten team makes the playoff, and the Big Ten East might be out of reach as well unless even more chaos ensues.
No. 1 Georgia at Tennessee -- 3:30 p.m. on CBS, CBSSports.com and CBS Sports App: The SEC on CBS Game of the Week provides the Bulldogs defense with its biggest test of the year against Tennessee's offense. The Volunteers are averaging 7.15 yards per play in conference games, good for No. 1 in the SEC. The college football world has been wondering if Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett IV can win a shootout. This might be his chance.
No. 19 Purdue at No. 4 Ohio State -- 3:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free): Giant-killer Purdue has already knocked off top-5 teams in Iowa and Michigan State. Another top-five win against the Buckeyes will cement this as one of the most magical years in the program's history. Keep an eye on the Buckeyes defense, which has been hit or miss. This cold be a huge statement for Ryan Day's crew.
No. 11 Texas A&M at No. 15 Ole Miss -- 7 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free): The Aggies defense has been lights out and the Rebels offense, led by Heisman Trophy contending quarterback Matt Corral, has been one of the most dynamic units in the country. It'll be strength-vs.-strength in rowdy Oxford on Saturday night.
Other big games
No. 16 NC State at No. 12 Wake Forest -- 7:30 p.m. on ACC Network, fuboTV (Try for free): The Demon Deacons' unblemished season came to an end last week vs. North Carolina, but it didn't count as a conference game. An undefeated ACC season is still a possibility, but they'll have to get by a Wolfpack team that can move into a tie with the Deacs for the ACC Atlantic lead with a win.
No. 9 Notre Dame at Virginia -- 7:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free): Virginia's Brennan Armstrong, one of the top signal-callers in the country, is questionable heading into this one. If he plays, Notre Dame could be in trouble. If he doesn't, Notre Dame might not want to mess around. After all, it has played down to its competition quite often in 2021.
Best of the rest
- New Mexico State at No. 2 Alabama -- noon on SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Mississippi State at No. 17 Auburn -- noon on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Northwestern at No. 18 Wisconsin -- noon on ESPN2, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Bucknell at Army -- noon on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com and CBS Sports App
- No. 24 Utah at Arizona -- 2 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Minnesota at No. 20 Iowa -- 3:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Southern Miss at No. 23 UTSA -- 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+, fuboTV (Try for free)
- UAB at Marshall -- 3:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com and CBS Sports App
- Maryland at No. 7 Michigan State -- 4 p.m. on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Air Force at Colorado State -- 7 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 25 Arkansas at LSU -- 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- TCU at No. 10 Oklahoma State -- 8 p.m. on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Washington State at No. 3 Oregon -- 10:30 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Nevada at No. 22 San Diego State -- 10:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com and CBS Sports App