Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic
What to Know
The Florida Atlantic Owls will face off against the Charlotte 49ers at 4 p.m. ET Saturday at FAU Stadium. Florida Atlantic ended up 11-3 last season and capped things off with a win over the SMU Mustangs in the Boca Raton Bowl, so they are on the hunt for another strong season. Charlotte was 7-6 last year and is coming off of a nothing to nothing against the North Carolina Tar Heels two weeks ago.
Two numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: The Owls were 13th best in the nation (top 10%) in overall offensive touchdowns, finishing the 2019 season with 62. Less enviably, the 49ers were 15th worst when it came to touchdowns allowed last year, with the squad giving up 50 overall (bottom 89%). The good news for Charlotte, of course, is that these forces working against them might not carry over into the new season.
Florida Atlantic is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. But these early season matchups can go either way as both teams get back into playing shape.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: FAU Stadium -- Boca Raton, Florida
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.12
The Owls are a solid 6-point favorite against the 49ers, according to the latest college football odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Owls as a 9.5-point favorite.
Florida Atlantic have won three out of their last five games against Charlotte.
- Sep 28, 2019 - Florida Atlantic 45 vs. Charlotte 27
- Nov 24, 2018 - Charlotte 27 vs. Florida Atlantic 24
- Nov 25, 2017 - Florida Atlantic 31 vs. Charlotte 12
- Oct 09, 2016 - Charlotte 28 vs. Florida Atlantic 23
- Sep 26, 2015 - Florida Atlantic 17 vs. Charlotte 7