Southern Miss @ Louisiana Tech
Current Records: Southern Miss 1-9; Louisiana Tech 3-7
What to Know
The Southern Miss Golden Eagles are staying on the road on Friday to face off against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 19 at Joe Aillet Stadium. Louisiana Tech will be strutting in after a win while the Golden Eagles will be stumbling in from a defeat.
It was all tied up 10-10 at halftime, but Southern Miss was not quite the UTSA Roadrunners' equal in the second half when they met last week. Southern Miss fell to UTSA 27-17. Despite the loss, Southern Miss got a solid performance out of RB Frank Gore Jr., who rushed for one TD and 123 yards on 20 carries.
Meanwhile, the Charlotte 49ers typically have all the answers at home, but last week the Bulldogs proved too difficult a challenge. Louisiana Tech picked up a 42-32 victory. Their RB Marcus Williams Jr. was on fire, rushing for four TDs and 131 yards on 29 carries.
The Golden Eagles are the clear underdogs, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Those who got lucky with them against the spread last week might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Southern Miss is now 1-9 while Louisiana Tech sits at 3-7. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Southern Miss is 245th worst in the nation in thrown interceptions, having thrown 15 on the season. The Bulldogs have had an even harder time: they are stumbling into the contest with the 221st most thrown interceptions in the nation, having thrown 11 on the season. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Joe Aillet Stadium -- Ruston, Louisiana
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $10.00
The Bulldogs are a big 15.5-point favorite against the Golden Eagles, according to the latest college football odds.
Bettors have moved against the Bulldogs slightly, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 17.5-point favorite.
Southern Miss have won four out of their last six games against Louisiana Tech.
- Sep 19, 2020 - Louisiana Tech 31 vs. Southern Miss 30
- Oct 19, 2019 - Louisiana Tech 45 vs. Southern Miss 30
- Nov 17, 2018 - Southern Miss 21 vs. Louisiana Tech 20
- Oct 21, 2017 - Southern Miss 34 vs. Louisiana Tech 27
- Nov 25, 2016 - Southern Miss 39 vs. Louisiana Tech 24
- Nov 28, 2015 - Southern Miss 58 vs. Louisiana Tech 24