LSU vs. Oklahoma: Every stunning record Joe Burrow and LSU broke in the Peach Bowl vs. Oklahoma
The Tigers set the field ablaze with an offensive performance for the ages
The first leg of the College Football Playoff semifinal was never in doubt as LSU cruised past Oklahoma 63-28 on Saturday. The Tigers offense was absolutely clicking on all cylinders, much like it has throughout the entirety of the 2019 season.
Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Joe Burrow had a performance for the ages. Burrow finished completing 29-of-39 passes for 493 yards and a mind-numbing eight total touchdowns. As a team, the Tigers put together 692 yards of total offense.
The LSU wide receivers certainly made life a whole lot easier for Burrow. The Tigers had three different wideouts tally at least 80 receiving yards. Justin Jefferson played out of his mind as he hauled in 14 passes for 227 yards and four touchdowns. In addition, Thaddeus Moss (son of NFL great Randy Moss) registered four receptions for 99 yards and a touchdown while Terrace Marshall Jr. had six catches for 80 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Oklahoma had no answer for anything that Burrow and LSU threw at them throughout the game. Let's take a look at the host of records that Burrow and the Tigers broke during their triumphant victory.
- Burrow set a new FBS record for touchdown responsibility in a bowl game (eight)
- Burrow tied the FBS record for passing touchdowns in a bowl game (seven)
- Burrow tied LSU and SEC single-game records for passing touchdowns (seven)
- LSU broke the SEC single-game record for touchdowns as team in a bowl (nine)
College Football Playoff records
- Burrow was responsible for eight total touchdowns
- Burrow threw seven touchdowns
- Burrow had 403 passing yards in the first half
- Burrow had 515 total yards
- Jefferson registered four receiving touchdowns
- Jefferson had 227 receiving yards
- LSU scored 49 points in the first half
- LSU scored 63 total points in a game
- LSU registered 692 yards of total offense
- LSU and Oklahoma combined for 91 points, the most in regulation
CBS Sports HQ Newsletter
We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Michigan's stay-at-home order's have been extended through June 12
Newton's older brother had one of the best single seasons ever at Auburn in 2010
The phase-in was approved Friday
The Big Ten joins several other conferences in canceling in-person media days
Our team makes their boldest picks yet for the upcoming college football season
The move is another step toward the timely return of college football for the 2020 season
CBS Sports was with you all day covering National Signing Day as the Class of 2020 wrapped...
Complete analysis, highlights and coverage of the 2020 College Football Playoff National Championship
Live scores, highlights and updates from the Miami (OH) vs. Louisiana football game