The first opportunity for high school prospects to lock up scholarships and formally sign National Letters of Intent began on Wednesday and lasts through Friday during the early signing period. The first National Signing Day for the Class of 2021 has now arrived, and as we've learned over the last two years, 75% to 80% of the top players in the nation make their college decisions early.
In other words, the early signing period shapes the way the Class of 2021 will look across the country come February, particularly for some of the nation's top teams.
Want more college football in your life? Listen below and subscribe to the Cover 3 College Football podcast for top-notch insight and analysis beyond the gridiron.
CBS Sports and 247Sports were here all day to provide updates on the biggest names who signed (see below for individual stories). Additionally, you can scan through our live blog for all the details from our group of recruiting and college football experts on a busy signing day that you may have missed.
- Four-star OT Savion Byrd (No. 62) -- Committed to Oklahoma
- Four-star QB Jaxson Dart (No. 103) -- Committed to USC
- Four-star CB Damarius McGhee (No. 185) -- Committed to LSU
- Four-star RB Donovan Edwards (No. 44) -- Committed to Michigan
- Four-star LB Xavian Sorey (No. 21) -- Committed to Georgia
- Five-star DT Maason Smith (No. 18) -- Committed to LSU
- Four-star QB Jake Garcia (No. 46) --
- Four-star RB Armoni Goodwin (No. 94) --
- Four-star DE Tunmise Adeleye (No. 37) --