Sizing up the circus known as SEC media days
It's a star-studded crew headed to Hoover, Ala., for this week's SEC media kickoff with everyone from Alabama's Nick Saban to South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney (and Steve Spurrier) to Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel fielding questions (lots of em) from over 1,000 media members. And you never know what, um, interesting stuff will be asked.
We've reached the point of the summer where the conference media circuit is about to begin, a good sign the season is near. I'm in Alabama for the biggest and most bizarre of them, a place where you never know what weird stuff may unfold from a star-packed week. Here are 10 awkward questions I suspect someone might ask at college football's weirdest circus, SEC media days.
1. "Coach Spurrier, how would you have disciplined Aaron Hernandez if he busted some guy's eardrum, was questioned in a shooting and failed drug tests? And how do you think Coach Richt would've handled it?"
2. "Les, what's up with the palm-clapping thing, and is Jeremy Hill going to sit out the whole game against TCU?"
3. "Gary, if Mizzou stayed in the Big 12 do you think you'd have better job security than you do right now? Because after your first season in the SEC, things don't look so promising."
4. "Johnny, how worried are you that you made Coach Saban mad? And if you're not, why aren't you?"
5. "Johnny, how old were you when you lost your virginity?"
6. "AJ, how old do you think Johnny was when he lost his virginity?"
7. "Jadeveon, how often do you fantasize about knocking an opposing ballcarrier's head, not just his helmet, completely off?"
8. "Mark, I know NCAA rules prohibit you from speaking about commitments, but can you talk about Drew Barker and the impact he has had on Kentucky recruiting?"
9. "Bret, which gives you more satisfaction -- ripping someone on Twitter or knowing you've finally made it to the Big Leagues of college football?
10. "Nick, Do you think you can win 10 titles in a row?"
SportsLine's computer model simulated every Week 13 rivalry weekend game 10,000 times with...
Mayfield grabbed his crotch and shouted expletives at Kansas on Saturday
The statue will go up in 2019 after Illinois completes its new football performance center
The junior injured his finger diving for the pylon late in the first quarter of the loss to...
The new college football rankings for all 130 FBS teams heading into Week 13
A former four-star recruit is seeking immediate eligibility at any school, including the S...