We have a new Cy-Hawk Trophy
By letting the fans vote on it, Iowa and Iowa State have a new Cy-Hawk Trophy for their annual rivalry game.
When Iowa and
There were three different versions for the new trophy designed, and fans were allowed to vote on their favorite one. The concept called the "Mascot Football Concept" ran away with it, receiving 8,002 of the 10,282 votes cast.
Here's the winning concept.
As you can see, this pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the rivalry between Iowa and Iowa State.
They're playing a football game, so it has a football.
Holding the football are each of the school's mascots, so both schools are represented equally.
The mascots are holding the football in front of a cornfield, and 98% of the state of Iowa actually is corn. The other 2% of the state is people and buildings.
So I think this is a trophy everybody can be proud of.
Photo courtesy of the Des Moines Register
Bookmaker.eu has odds on quarterback battles, and we have thoughts on the best bets
Michigan has few returning starters and even fewer wins over its rivals under Harbaugh entering...
Carrington was the Ducks' leading wideout in 2016 but was dismissed from the team this off...
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh always makes things interesting at media days
The Sooners and Longhorns have top-10 classes with Texas landing four top in-state players
These three Big Ten teams could surprise in 2017