Kansas @ West Virginia
Current Records: Kansas 0-3; West Virginia 2-1
What to Know
The Kansas Jayhawks and the West Virginia Mountaineers have had some time off and are no doubt ready to hit the field. The Jayhawks and West Virginia will face off in a Big 12 battle at noon ET Saturday at Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium. Kansas staggers in desperate for their first win of the season.
The afternoon started off rough for Kansas two weeks ago, and it ended that way, too. They took a serious blow against the Oklahoma State Cowboys, falling 47-7. Kansas was down 44 to nothing at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. QB Miles Kendrick had a memorable game, but not in the way you want to be remembered: besides failing to produce a single touchdown, he threw one interception with only 4.74 yards per passing attempt.
Meanwhile, it may have taken double overtime to finish the job, but West Virginia ultimately got the result they were hoping for two weeks ago with a 27-21 victory over the Baylor Bears. The Mountaineers' RB Leddie Brown looked sharp as he punched in two rushing touchdowns.
West Virginia's win lifted them to 2-1 while Kansas' loss dropped them down to 0-3. Giving up five turnovers, West Virginia had had trouble holding onto the ball. We'll see if the Jayhawks can exploit that vulnerability.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium -- Morgantown,, West Virginia
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $70.70
West Virginia have won all of the games they've played against Kansas in the last six years.
- Sep 21, 2019 - West Virginia 29 vs. Kansas 24
- Oct 06, 2018 - West Virginia 38 vs. Kansas 22
- Sep 23, 2017 - West Virginia 56 vs. Kansas 34
- Nov 05, 2016 - West Virginia 48 vs. Kansas 21
- Nov 21, 2015 - West Virginia 49 vs. Kansas 0