Fantasy Football Rankings 2017: Model that beat experts has surprising top five WRs
SportsLine's advanced model simulated the NFL season 10,000 times and came up with surprising top five WRs
Julio Jones has a new offensive coordinator. Odell Beckham may miss Week 1. Michael Thomas has a new role in the Saints' offense. Dez Bryant hasn't broken 1,000 yards since 2014. Brandin Cooks has a new team.
The bottom line: The 2017 Fantasy Football rankings for wide receivers are wide open and have plenty of question marks. Luckily, the team at SportsLine has your back.
When it came to ranking players last season, their model out-performed human experts by 25 percent when there was a big difference in ranking -- four spots for a QB, seven for a RB, and nine for a WR. That could mean the difference between winning your league and missing the playoffs entirely.
SportsLine is sharing their PPR and non-PPR Fantasy Football cheat sheets right now, and they're available for every major site to help you dominate your draft. Here are the top five Fantasy Football wide receivers, according to SportsLine:
1. Julio Jones -- The Falcons' No. 1 wideout is SportsLine's No. 1-ranked receiver, and it isn't close. Jones has a ranking of 100 (the best possible score), and there's a steep 16-spot drop-off to the next wideout. Draft Jones with confidence and watch him pile up points week after week.
2. Antonio Brown -- Brown has an ADP that's a full pick better than Jones, but SportsLine says there's a huge gap between the two. Brown has 35 touchdowns over the last three seasons. Don't pick him over Jones, but he's an excellent consolation prize with mammoth upside.
3. Michael Thomas -- A shocker. Despite an ADP five picks later than Jordy Nelson, Thomas is No. 3. He's the new top wideout in New Orleans after Brandin Cooks went to the Patriots. Thomas, now in his second year, Thomas could improve on his impressive 92-catch, 9-TD freshman season. He has a value of 75.
4. Jordy Nelson -- Another shocker. Some experts would have Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, or A.J. Green listed at No. 3, but SportsLine's model is picking Nelson. He posted a strong 97-1,257-14 stat line last season coming off injury and will receive plenty of targets with the effectiveness of the Packers' ground game still highly questionable.
5. Mike Evans -- With Beckham's Week 1 availability up in the air, SportsLine's rankings slot Mike Evans here. He has an ADP six spots better than Thomas, but SportsLine projects Thomas for a better season. Evans has a value of 70 in SportsLine's projections; Beckham is 69.
Looking for more Fantasy sleepers and rankings? SportsLine also is high on a wide receiver you can steal in the seventh round right now who will give you the same production as Alshon Jeffery, Keenan Allen, and even DeAndre Hopkins (all fourth-round ADPs). Visit SportsLine now to get premium Fantasy Football cheat sheets from the model that out-performed the experts and find out who.
Fantasy Football Today Newsletter
Get tips, advice and news to win your league - all from the FFT podcast team.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Jamey Eisenberg gives you his final list of sleeper players for the 2018 season.
Dave Richard goes deep on Preseason Week 2 to find what you need to know before you draft.
Jamey Eisenberg gives you his final list of bust players for the 2018 season.
Need some advice for a deeper league? We’ll tell you why positional tiers are so important...
Jamey Eisenberg gives you his final list of breakout players for the 2018 season.
SportsLine simulated the 2018 NFL season 10,000 times and identified must-draft Fantasy Football...