The National Lacrosse League has announced that the league is canceling the remainder of its regular season games. The league is still considering scenarios for the postseason.
The rapid spread of the coronavirus is causing cancellations and postponements of sporting events and affecting sports around the globe. One of the biggest developments is that Japan and the International Olympic Committee havethe 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo until next year.
As of Tuesday evening, there have been at least 1.4M confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide, according to CBS News, and more than 81,000 people have died worldwide due to the virus. In addition, multiple states are under a state of emergency politicians from the local to federal level along with public health officials are recommending large gatherings of people -- including sporting events -- in coronavirus hotspots be canceled or closed to the public.
Looking to stay on top of how Coronavirus is impacting the sports world? Check out our Spotify playlist featuring CBS Sports Podcast Network episodes on the topic. Listen here
- The NBA suspended the regular season indefinitely on March 11. League owners .
- , along with all other winter season championship events.
- Japan and the International Olympic Committee officially to 2021 on March 24. They have been rescheduled, with the .
- Major League Baseball will not start the 2020 season until at least mid-May,
- The NHL . Commissioner Gary Bettman hopes games will resume "as soon as it is appropriate and prudent."
- The PGA Tour on March 13. The 2020 Masters has been postponed, while the 2020 British Open has been canceled.
- The 146th running of the Kentucky Derby is postponed until September.
- The XFL
- MLS announced it is suspending play for 30 days.
- , , all suspended games.