2017 Masters Champions Dinner menu: Danny Willett picks traditional Sunday roast
Willett didn't want to get too crazy with the famous Tuesday meal this time around
Last year, Danny Willett became the first Englishman to win the Masters since Nick Faldo did it in 1996, so you expected his 2017 Champions Dinner to be straight out of the English playbook. He certainly nailed it.
“I could have gone a bit off the wall and a bit crazy, but I want people to actually enjoy what they’re going to have and for it to not be too indifferent to what they would enjoy and they like,” said Willett.
His menu includes mini cottage pies, a Sunday roast, apple crumble for dessert and some coffee and tea. As Willett noted, that will be Yorkshire tea because one must keep true to one’s roots.
Here is a look at the past five Champions Dinners.
- Jordan Spieth (2016): Texas barbecue
- Bubba Watson (2015): Grilled chicken (and confetti cake)
- Adam Scott (2014): New York strip (with Australian bay bugs)
- Bubba Watson (2013): Grilled chicken (and confetti cake)
- Charl Schwartzel (2012): Filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken breast and borewors with monkey gland sauce, dauphinoise potatoes, sautéed sweet corn and green beans
I want to attend Schwartzel’s Champions Dinner.
A 64 on the final day at the Arnold Palmer Invitational bookended his 64 from the day Palmer...
It was fitting that McIlroy toasted the man he admired after winning the Arnold Palmer Inv...
How McIlroy won at Bay Hill along with grades, notes and highlights from Sunday's Round 4
Woods was in the mix late on Sunday at Bay Hill, but he ejected in a big way on No. 16 coming...
Find out when and how to watch the 2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational live streaming online this...
Woods will start the day five back of leader Henrik Stenson