2017 Masters Champions Dinner menu: Danny Willett picks traditional Sunday roast
Willett didn't want to get too crazy with the famous Tuesday meal this time around
Last year, Danny Willett became the first Englishman to win the Masters since Nick Faldo did it in 1996, so you expected his 2017 Champions Dinner to be straight out of the English playbook. He certainly nailed it.
“I could have gone a bit off the wall and a bit crazy, but I want people to actually enjoy what they’re going to have and for it to not be too indifferent to what they would enjoy and they like,” said Willett.
His menu includes mini cottage pies, a Sunday roast, apple crumble for dessert and some coffee and tea. As Willett noted, that will be Yorkshire tea because one must keep true to one’s roots.
Here is a look at the past five Champions Dinners.
- Jordan Spieth (2016): Texas barbecue
- Bubba Watson (2015): Grilled chicken (and confetti cake)
- Adam Scott (2014): New York strip (with Australian bay bugs)
- Bubba Watson (2013): Grilled chicken (and confetti cake)
- Charl Schwartzel (2012): Filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken breast and borewors with monkey gland sauce, dauphinoise potatoes, sautéed sweet corn and green beans
I want to attend Schwartzel’s Champions Dinner.
Next season's FedEx Cup is full of opportunity with $363 million on the line
Fowler will finally get win No. 2 of the season and take home $10 million
One of the best soccer players in the world challenges one of the best golfers in the worl...
DFS millionaire gives optimal DraftKings lineup for the 2017 Tour Championship
The final tournament of the 2016-17 PGA Tour season is finally upon us
The former Quicken Loans National has pulled out of Congressional over the next few years