Ranking the Masters concession stand items
Pimiento cheeses tops the concession stand power rankings but the sweet tea isn't far behind.
If you've ever been annoyed by someone who has actually made the trip to the Masters you've likely heard (for hours on end) about the incredible concession prices there.
It's sort of true that they are incredible -- you can eat an extremely healthy amount for $20 -- but what about quality?
Throwing nutrition out the window (because...of course) here are the concessions at Augusta ranked from top to bottom on taste.
1. Pimiento cheese sandwich: It's overrated, sure, but only because it's rated higher than three-quarters of the five-star restaurants in New York City. I think eating three or more in a single sitting might cause immediate death but these babies are immense.
2. Sweet tea: The sweet tea-cookie combo is nearly unbeatable. One of my friends tried to smuggle a dozen cookies and about a gallon of tea out of the gates one time.
3. Egg salad sandwich: I don't recommend grabbing one after, say, 1 PM Eastern. Just throwing that out there.
4. Cookie: There might not be a better deal on the entire grounds than the $1 cookie.
5. Import beer: At $4 you might be be aghast compared to the other prices but the commemorative green cup with the year on it is worth it. Also, I'd spill which brand the import beer is but I don't want to get fired and you have Google.
6. Bar-B-Que sandwich: Not great, not bad. It's the only other sandwich I've had besides the pimiento and egg.
7. Domestic beer: You should pretty easily be able to figure out what brand it is even though there are no labels on the grounds.
Unranked: Georgia peach ice cream sandwich -- I presume this would be in my top three given the coordinates of this tournament and the delectable nature of your common peach ice cream sandwich but I can't rank it because I've never had one.
And for fun here are those prices I mentioned at the top:
The rookie gets his first-ever win in just his 14th PGA Tour start
The final event of the European Tour season had an anticlimactic ending, but Fleetwood took...
A PGA Tour rookie looking for his first win will take a nice lead into the final round of the...
Tommy Fleetwood is hot on his heels as the European Tour winds down
A tour rookie is leading a tour veteran by one at the halfway point in Georgia
Jonathan Thomson has had a quite a ride, and it had a happy ending on Thursday