The 10 longest drives of the PGA Tour season
Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, and Gary Woodland were some of the usual suspects on this year's "10 longest drives" list.
The average driving distance on the PGA Tour declined for the second straight season, and third time in the last four seasons.
Here's a look:
2013: 287.2 yards
2012: 289.1 yards
2011: 290.9 yards
2010: 287.3 yards
2009: 287.9 yards
There were still some absolutely monster drives, though, and none bigger than the one Phil Mickelson hit at the Cadillac Championship.
Here's your top 10 list:
1. Phil Mickelson -- 450 yards -- Cadillac Championship
2. Kyle Stanley -- 428 yards -- Tournament of Champions
3. Ian Poulter -- 426 yards -- Tournament of Champions
4. Graham DeLaet -- 420 yards -- Houston Open
5. Charlie Beljan -- 418 yards -- Tournament of Champions
6. Carl Pettersson -- 416 yards -- Tournament of Champions
7. Stewart Cink -- 415 yards -- Houston Open
8. Gary Woodland -- 411 yards -- Tampa Bay Open
9. Dustin Johnson -- 410 yards -- Tournament of Champions
10. Scott Piercy -- 409 yards -- Tournament of Champions
Come on down, Hawaii!
The Tournament of Champions was home to six of the top 10 drives on Tour this year. Though I'm not totally sure why we aren't counting this one from Charl Schwartzel.
And obviously nothing touched this jewel from Louis Oosthuizen on the European Tour:
The next season of golf has a real chance to be one of the best any of us has ever seen
This season will fascinate as old stars converge with up-and-coming superstars
With a single golf lesson up for auction, Tiger Woods changed some lives forever in Texas this...
The Days have had a rough 2017 from beginning to end
Why in the world would a former FedEx Cup winner hop on 24 hours worth of flights this wee...
Following the debacle at the ANA Inspiration earlier in 2017, Thompson has some thoughts