The history for Tiger Woods is unparalleled at TPC Harding Park. Tiger also stands out among the rest when it comes to his performances on the course at the PGA Championship as he's claimed the PGA Championship title on four separate occasions (1999, 2000, 2006 and 2007). When you throw in the fact that Woods has never tasted defeat at TPC Harding Park -- in either match play or stroke play -- then the lone major of this season could get interesting.
Woods brings both a win and some struggles from this season into this week's major. His win came last fall when he notched No. 82 at the Zozo Championship, but since then, it's been a mixed bag. He was up and down to start 2020 before taking an extended break from February to July because of both injury issues and, of course, the COVID-19 pandemic, which paused the PGA Tour for three full months.
His return at the Memorial Tournament a few weeks ago, while not the best finish at T40, was still encouraging. Woods' swing looked good, his back looked solid -- for most of the event -- and his finish belies how well he hit it. All of that engenders immense optimism for how Woods can (and hopefully will) play this week as he goes for major championship No. 16.
CBS Sports will be along for the entire ride with Woods at the 2020 PGA Championship this week, covering everything Big Cat does both on and off the course, hopefully through the weekend. Check into our coverage through our various stories on Woods below, with betting odds provided via William Hill Sportsbook.
Tiger Woods news, features
- Round 1 recap: Tiger in contention after strong Thursday showing
Tiger Woods odds
Tiger Woods tee time
Tiger Woods video analysis, highlights
- Breaking down Woods' first-round performance in San Francisco
- Highlights: Tiger's Round 1 at the 2020 PGA Championship
- Previewing the group with Woods, Thomas and McIlroy
- Will Tiger make or miss the cut at the PGA Championship?
- Tiger Woods arrives early to TPC Harding Park
- Kyle Porter breaks down what to expect from Tiger in San Francisco
- Woods aims for record-tying fifth PGA Championship victory
- Tiger gears up for 2020 PGA Championship