Tiger Woods highlights five best pairings at Players Championship
Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are all playing in great groups at the Players Championship.
The Players Championship boasts probably the fifth-best field of the golf season which means good pairings are everywhere. Here are my picks for the five best on Thursday and Friday with Thursday tee times included (all times Eastern):
1. Tiger Woods, Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker (1:49 p.m.) -- A lot of 2013 Masters heartbreak in this group as well.
2. Graeme McDowell, Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley (8:18 a.m.) -- The only group where everybody has a major.
3. Phil Mickelson, Webb Simpson, Justin Rose (1:28 p.m.) -- So many smiles from Simpson and Mickelson, the gallery will wonder what's wrong with Rose.
4. Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Steve Stricker (8:39 a.m.) -- Two of the greatest talents in the last 20 years playing with Tiger's putting coach.
5. Luke Donald, K.J. Choi, Sergio Garcia (1:39 p.m.) -- Strong international group here and Choi and Garcia are former winners.
The next season of golf has a real chance to be one of the best any of us has ever seen
This season will fascinate as old stars converge with up-and-coming superstars
With a single golf lesson up for auction, Tiger Woods changed some lives forever in Texas this...
The Days have had a rough 2017 from beginning to end
Why in the world would a former FedEx Cup winner hop on 24 hours worth of flights this wee...
Following the debacle at the ANA Inspiration earlier in 2017, Thompson has some thoughts