All you need to know: MLB news and rumors roundup for Dec. 14
Let's recap all that went down on this day and all that *might* go down in the days to come.
The hot stove front was mostly quiet on Saturday, but not as quiet as it could've been in the immediate afterglow of the Winter Meetings. So let's run down all that's worth knowing for Dec. 14 ...
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Cubs: Signed OF Ryan Kalish to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.
- Diamondbacks: Signed veteran C Henry Blanco to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.
- Dodgers: LA has filled its hole at third base by agreeing to terms with Juan Uribe on a two-year contract. Earlier in the day, the Dodgers had been linked to Michael Young as a possible regular at third.
- Mets: Officially announced the signing of RHP Bartolo Colon to a two-year, $20-million contract.
- Royals: Signed RHP Cory Wade to a minor-league deal.
RUMORS & SPECULATION
- Phillies: Corey Seidman of CSN Philly writes that the Phillies may not have any room left in the budget this offseason. Already this winter, the Phillies, coming off an 89-loss season, have , among other moves, re-signed C Carlos Ruiz and inked OF Marlon Byrd and SP Roberto Hernandez. They'll likely wind up a 2014 payroll in excess of $150 million.
The Nats will host the All-Star Game in 2018
The Orioles are looking to trade Machado heading into his walk year
The Cardinals have been linked for a while to the Baltimore star
Gallardo spent the first eight years of his career in Milwaukee
MLB revenues are at a record high right now, but teams aren't spending it on players
Chicago added Tyler Chatwood earlier this offseason but might not be done adding to the ro...