All you need to know: MLB news and rumors roundup for Dec. 18
Let's recap all that's worth knowing from a pretty busy Wednesday on the hot stove front.
Wednesday was indeed a busy one when it comes to offseason goings-on, so let's run down all the hot stove news and scuttle you need to know for Dec. 18 ...
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Luke Scott : The veteran 1B/OF/DH signed with the SK Wyverns in Korea.
- Los Angeles Angels : Agreed to terms with free agent DH Raul Ibanez on a one-year contract.
- Cubs: Have signed LHP Jonathan Sanchez to a minor-league contract.
- Arizona Diamondbacks : Agreed to terms with 3B Eric Chavez on a new contract, likely for one year.
- Seattle Mariners : Finalized a one-year contract with OF Franklin Gutierrez .
- Miami Marlins : Have agreed to terms with IF Casey McGehee on a one-year contract.
- San Diego Padres : Have agreed to terms with reliever/closer Joaquin Benoit on a two-year contract.
- Houston Astros -Padres: The Astros acquire 1B Jesus Guzman from the Padres in exchange for minor-league SS/3B Ryan Jackson .
- Atlanta Braves - Minnesota Twins : Atlanta gets C/OF Ryan Doumit from the Twins in exchange for lefty prospect Sean Gilmartin.
- Cleveland Indians - Colorado Rockies : Colorado acquired OF Drew Stubbs from the Indians in exchange for LHP Josh Outman .
- Baltimore Orioles - Kansas City Royals : Baltimore acquires OF David Lough from the Royals in exchange for 3B Danny Valencia .
- Boston Red Sox -Rockies: Boston sent LHP Franklin Morales and RHP Chris Martin to Colorado for IF Jonathan Herrera .
RUMORS, SPECULATION, ETC.
- Ryan Madson: The former closer is holding private workouts for interested teams and hoping to sign somewhere this offseason, reports Jon Heyman.
- Kurt Suzuki : The Chicago Cubs , Twins and Mariners have all been reported recently to have interest in the veteran catcher.
- Masahiro Tanaka: The coveted right-hander's current club, the Rakuten Golden Eagles, are reportedly set to make Tanaka an offer of roughly $8 million USD to stay in Japan for another season. Tanaka has previously expressed his desire to be posted and pitch in the U.S. starting in 2014.
- Michael Young : The Milwaukee Brewers , Los Angeles Dodgers and Rockies are all interested in Young at present. (Ken Rosenthal via Twitter)
- Diamondbacks: GM Kevin Towers says his team is still interested in two of the following three pitchers: Masahiro Tanaka, Ervin Santana and Matt Garza . (Jim Bowden via Twitter)
- Red Sox: Still have interest in bringing back SS Stephen Drew , tweets our own Jon Heyman.
- New York Yankees : Earlier this offseason, Shin-Soo Choo reportedly turned down a seven-year, $140-million offer from the Yanks. At this writing, Choo remains unsigned.