All you need to know: MLB rumors and news roundup for Dec. 26
Thursday wasn't a scorcher in terms of offseason happenings, but there's still some news worth recapping.
- Masahiro Tanaka: The big news on Thursday was that the coveted Japanese right-hander was officially posted by the Rakuten Golden Eagles. That means any MLB team willing to pay the $20-million posting fee will be free to negotiate with Tanaka until the Jan. 24 deadline for him to sign. Among the teams expected to be in hot pursuit of Tanaka are the New York Yankees , Chicago Cubs , Los Angeles Dodgers , Boston Red Sox , Philadelphia Phillies , Toronto Blue Jays , Seattle Mariners , Los Angeles Angels , Arizona Diamondbacks , Texas Rangers , Red Sox and Houston Astros .
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Guillermo Moscoso: Agreed to terms with the Yokohama Bay Stars of Japan.
- Chris Narveson: Has signed with the Tokyo Yakult Swallows of Japan.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, ETC.
- Baltimore Orioles : The O's are reportedly more interested in free agent starters like A.J. Burnett and Bronson Arroyo rather than pricier options like Matt Garza , Ubaldo Jimenez or Ervin Santana . (Eduardo Encina, Baltimore Sun) ... MASN's Roch Kubatko writes that Jeff Samardzija of the Cubs remains a potential trade target for Baltimore.
- Rangers: OF Shin-Soo Choo has reportedly passed his physical, which means his seven-year, $130-million deal is now official. (Anthony Andro via Twitter)
The Astros are still in control of the series, but have been unable to solve Yankees pitch...
The Astros and Yankees will play Game 4 in the Bronx early Tuesday evening
Yankee Stadium helped, but there's more to it than that
Aaron Judge and CC Sabathia had big games
Judge had an impact on both sides of the ball in Game 3
Ausmus most recently managed the Tigers, but won't be headed to Queens