All you need to know: MLB rumors and news roundup for Nov. 20
Wednesday was indeed a busy one on the hot stove front, so let's recap the essentials.
The coils of the hot stove were indeed a smoldering red on Wednesday, as we saw one of the biggest trades in recent memory go down. Now let's run down all you need to know ...
- Jon Heyman broke the news of a huge trade between the Detroit Tigers and Texas Rangers that sent 1B Prince Fielder and $30 million to Texas and 2B Ian Kinsler to Detroit. Texas GM Jon Daniels subsequently announced that Fielder would play first base next season and not be the regular DH.
- Houston Astros : Have claimed SS Ryan Jackson off waivers from the St. Louis Cardinals .
- Arizona Diamondbacks : Have designated reliever Tony Sipp for assignment.
- San Francisco Giants : Heyman reports that the Giants are engaged in "serious" talks with reliever Javier Lopez on a three-year contract ... The Giants have designated RHP Guillermo Moscoso for assignment.
- Washington Nationals : Announced the signing of 30-year-old Mexican League closer Gabriel Alfaro to a minor-league contract.
- Pittsburgh Pirates : Have signed RHP Seth McClung to a minor-league contract.
- Rangers: Claimed reliever Shawn Tolleson off waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers .
- Kansas City Royals : RHP Felipe Paulino has opted for free agency ... Royals have designated 3B Irving Falu for assignment.
- Chicago White Sox : Have claimed INF/OF Jake Elmore off waivers from the Astros.
- New York Yankees : Not exactly hot stove-related, but Alex Rodriguez walked out of his arbitration hearing in frustration after MLB commissioner Bud Selig declined to testify or even attend. The hearing is to determine whether A-Rod's 211-game suspension for his alleged role in the Biogensis scandal will stand.
- Atlanta Braves : MLB.com's Mark Bowman writes that the Braves will "certainly make every attempt" to trade 2B Dan Uggla this winter.
- Dodgers: Mark Saxon tweets that the Dodgers have reached out to Dan Haren 's agent.
- New York Mets : Matthew Cerrone tweets that the Mets have talked internally about pursuing Milwaukee Brewers OF Ryan Braun via trade ... Mike Puma tweets that, as free agent starters go, the Mets are more fond of Phil Hughes than Bronson Arroyo ... Puma also tweets that the Mets had interest in signing INF Jhonny Peralta to a two-year deal; however, Peralta is seeking three years.
- Miami Marlins : Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Miami has interest in Juan Uribe as a first or third baseman.
- Royals: Buster Olney tweets that the KC may have interest in trading for LHP Brett Anderson of the Oakland Athletics .
- Yankees: Not surprisingly, Buster Olney names the Yankees, Rangers and Boston Red Sox as being among the "more than half-dozen" teams interested in free agent C Brian McCann ... Mark Feinsand tweets that the Yanks are focused on McCann and Carlos Beltran right now but still have interest in closer Joe Nathan .
Keep it locked right here for everything you need to know about the world of baseball Tues...
There have been several racially charged incidents at Fenway Park this year
Washington's right fielders have sputtered offensively since Harper went down
The good news? Wichita still has a chance to win the series Tuesday night
The 2017 season is going to shatter the all-time collective home run record
Ferrell somehow avoided going to the ground