College World Series 2019: Schedule, start times, bracket, matchups for for baseball's NCAA Division I championship
The road is Omaha is complete, now it's time for the College World Series
The 2019 College World Series is set and play will begin on Saturday, June 15, with all action taking place at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Nebraska. What began as a 64-team tournament has been reduced to eight teams through two previous rounds of play: the regionals -- in which teams were sorted into 16 four-team groups playing a round-robin format -- and then the super regionals, where the 16 winners of the regionals were paired up into eight best-of-three sets. For the next round, the teams will be separated into a pair of four-team groups, wherein play will be conducted under double-elimination style rules. The winners will then square off in a best-of-three set (beginning on Monday, June 24) to determine who is the 2019 NCAA champion.
Below you'll be able to find all the pertinent information for the tournament, ranging from the teams in the field to the tournament schedule.. Consider this your one-stop shop for the 2019 College World Series.
Let's begin by naming the eight teams involved and providing their rankings -- note that the teams were seeded prior to the start of the round-of-64: No. 2 Vanderbilt, No. 3 Mississippi State, No. 5 Arkansas, No. 8 Texas Tech, Louisville, Florida State, Auburn, Michigan.
If you're wanting one major storyline to watch, it's that Florida State's coach Mike Martin is retiring at the conclusion of their season. He's the all-time NCAA leader in wins, having managed FSU to more than 2,000 since taking over in 1980. Martin has coached at FSU in some capacity or another since 1975, making this the end of an era. Coincidentally, the one thing Martin's FSU teams haven't done is win a national title. Perhaps his club will find a way to give him that distinction as a retirement gift?
Which team wins the 2019 College World Series? And which massive long shot can go all the way? Visit SportsLine to see Micah Roberts' picks, all from the legendary expert who has set lines in Vegas for two decades.
Let's move on to the schedule -- do remember that we'll be updating this part daily to reflect the games' results.
Saturday, June 15
• Game 1: Texas Tech vs. Michigan, 2 p.m. ET
• Game 2: Arkansas vs. Florida State, 7 p.m. ET
Sunday, June 16
• Game 3: Vanderbilt vs. Louisville, 2 p.m. ET
• Game 4: Mississippi State vs. Auburn, 7 p.m. ET
Monday, June 17
• Game 5: Game 1 loser vs. Game 2 loser, 2 p.m. ET (elimination game)
• Game 6: Game 1 winner vs. Game 2 winner, 7 p.m. ET
Tuesday, June 18
• Game 7: Game 3 loser vs. Game 4 loser, 2 p.m. ET (elimination game)
• Game 8: Game 3 winner vs. Game 4 winner, 7 p.m. ET
Wednesday, June 19
• Game 9: Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 loser, 7 p.m. ET (elimination game)
Thursday, June 20
• Game 10: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 loser, 8 p.m. ET (elimination game)
Friday, June 21
• Game 11: Game 6 winner vs. Game 9 winner, 2 p.m. ET
• Game 12: Game 8 winner vs. Game 10 winner, 7 p.m. ET
Saturday, June 22
• Game 13 (if necessary): Game 11 winner vs. Game 11 loser, 2 p.m. ET
• Game 14 (if necessary): Game 12 winner vs. Game 12 loser, 7 p.m. ET
College World Series finals schedule
Monday, June 24
• College World Series finals, Game 1. 7 p.m. ET
Tuesday, June 25
• College World Series finals, Game 2. 7 p.m. ET
Wednesday, June 26
• College World Series finals, Game 3 (if necessary). 7 p.m. ET
You can find more details about the College World Series matchups here.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
SportsLine's top experts have released their best MLB parlay for today
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Sunday's Cubs vs. Dodgers matchup 10,000 ti...
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Sunday's Rangers vs. Reds matchup 10,000 ti...
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with nearly $2M in winnings, gives optimal lineup adv...
Encarnacion gives the Yankees yet another potent bat
Here is everything you need to know about the day in baseball