Mike Trout top vote-getter in first AL All-Star voting update
The leaders in AL All-Star balloting right now are Miguel Cabrera, Ian Kinsler, Josh Donaldson, Derek Jeter, David Ortiz, Matt Wieters, Mike Trout, Jose Bautista and Jacoby Ellsbury.
Snyder: My current All-Star ballot
Major League Baseball has released its first update on how the All-Star balloting is shaking out in the American League, and the top vote-getter is Los Angeles Angels superstar Mike Trout with 764,007 votes.
There are several close races and voting continues through 11:59 p.m. ET on July 3, so a few of these races could change.
Here are the updated tallies by position (click here for full MLB PR release).
2. Albert Pujols , Angels; 371,193
3. Jose Abreu , Chicago White Sox ; 367,617
, Tigers; 356,244
2. Robinson Cano , Seattle Mariners ; 350,293
3. Dustin Pedroia , Boston Red Sox ; 343,321
2. Evan Longoria , Tampa Bay Rays ; 407,724
3. Adrian Beltre , Texas Rangers ; 281,460
New York Yankees
2. Alexei Ramirez , White Sox; 472,537
3. J.J. Hardy , Baltimore Orioles ; 265,923
, Red Sox; 501,808
2. Nelson Cruz , Orioles; 484,186
3. Victor Martinez , Tigers; 340,827
, Orioles; 540,258
2. Brian McCann , Yankees; 373,169
3. Derek Norris , A's; 215,110
1. Mike Trout, Angels; 764,007
2. Jose Bautista , Toronto Blue Jays ; 675,290
3. Jacoby Ellsbury , Yankees; 417,452
4. Carlos Beltran , Yankees; 401,101
5. Melky Cabrera , Blue Jays; 364,506
6. Torii Hunter , Tigers; 322,736
So the starters if the balloting were closed right now would be Cabrera, Kinsler, Donaldson, Jeter, Ortiz, Wieters (though he's injured), Trout, Bautista and Ellsbury. Again, though, some of this could change in the next five weeks.
Manny Machado is among the Orioles who can become free agents after next season
Plus the Cubs can clinch the NL Central title. Keep it locked right here for the latest from...
The club is expected to part ways with Collins after the season
Here is a preview of what's on the line Tuesday
Jerry Dipoto will have his hands full
Otani is said to be coming over this offseason, though nothing has been made official yet