MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for April 14
Monday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Monday, April 14 (click here for today's scores) ...
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Padres: Have agreed to a six-year, $35-million contract extension with 2B Jedd Gyorko.
- White Sox: Have signed RHP Frank Francisco to a minor-league contract.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Braves: David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that LHP Mike Minor (shoulder) is tentatively scheduled to rejoin the rotation against the Marlins on April 23 or the Reds on April 25, assuming all goes well with his final minor-league rehab start. Minor is coming off a 2013 season in which he pitched to a 3.21 ERA (121 ERA+) in 204 2/3 innings pitched ... O'Brien also writes that RHP Gavin Floyd (Tommy John surgery) is about two weeks away from being activated ... CL Craig Kimbrel is day-to-day with a sore shoulder (Kevin McAlpin via Twitter).
- Phillies: RHP A.J. Burnett has an inguinal hernia, which will eventually require surgery, but he's going to attempt to pitch through this season before undergoing that surgery. (Matt Gelb, Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Reds: CL Aroldis Chapman threw from a mound for the first time since being struck in the face by a line drive late in spring training. He'll throw additional bullpen sessions before progressing to the next step in his recovery. (Mark Sheldon, MLB.com)
Wright was arrested at his home Friday
The former Tigers teammates were voted into Cooperstown by the 16-person Modern Era Commit...
The Yankees still have room for a good-sized signing even after Saturday's trade with Miam...
St. Louis gets some much needed help for their bullpen
Keep tabs on the top 50 free agents right here
Morrow thrived with the Dodgers last season