MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for August 13
Wednesday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Monday, Aug. 4 (click here for today's scores) …
- New York Mets : Our MLB insider writes that Mets manager Terry Collins appears poised to return in 2015.
- Heyman also reports that Thursday's owner vote on Bud Selig's successor as MLB commissioner will likely result in the election of Rob Manfred or a temporary stalemate.
- Los Angeles Dodgers : LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu was forced to exit his Wednesday start because of a strained right glute muscle. Manager Don Mattingly says Ryu will likely have an MRI. (Mark Saxon, ESPN Los Angeles)
- Cleveland Indians : OF Michael Bourn (hamstring) hopes to come off the DL on Friday. (Jordan Bastian via Twitter)
- Baltimore Orioles : Placed 3B Manny Machado on the DL with a sprained right knee.
- Texas Rangers : RHP Yu Darvish has been placed on the DL with inflammation of his throwing elbow and is slated for further tests.
- Colorado Rockies : SS Troy Tulowitzki will soon undergo season-ending hip surgery.
- Minnesota Twins : Top prospect Byron Buxton suffered a concussion during a violent outfield collision for Double-A New Britain on Wednesday night ... RHP Ricky Nolasco (elbow) is expected to rejoin the rotation on Friday.
- New York Yankees : RHP Masahiro Tanaka (partially torn UCL) was able to throw 10 fastballs from flat ground on Wednesday. Barring setback, next will come bullpen sessions, throwing live BP followed by a minor-league rehab assignment. Tanaka is still hoping to return to the rotation in September, although nothing is to be assumed with this kind of elbow injury. (Bryan Hoch, MLB.com) ... C Brian McCann (concussion) is expected to return to the active roster on Sunday.
- Chicago White Sox : OF Avisail Garcia was assumed to be out for the season after he tore his labrum in April, but now it's looking like he'll return to the active roster soon. (Dan Hayes, CSN Chicago)
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Oakland Athletics : Pending free agent LHP Jon Lester says he's "not going to the highest bidder" this upcoming offseason.
- Washington Nationals : OF Jayson Werth in early July was charged with driving 105 in a 55-mph zone.
The good news? Wichita still has a chance to win the series Tuesday night
Soon more home runs will have been hit in 2017 than in any other season in MLB history
Ferrell somehow avoided going to the ground
Plus, we saw a possible AL Wild Card Game preview in the Bronx and lots more from around M...
The Pirates disappointed in 2017. Will 2018 be any different?
Let's see how SportsLine forecasts the race for MLB's 10 playoff spots