MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for June 1
Wednesday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Sunday, June 1 (click here for today's scores) …
- Los Angeles Angels : An MRI on the injured back of CF Mike Trout showed some inflammation but was otherwise clean.
- San Francisco Giants : RHP Matt Cain (hamstring) is likely to return to the mound on Friday against the New York Mets , suggests MGR Bruce Bochy. (Henry Schulman, San Francisco Chronicle)
- Cleveland Indians : Have placed RHP Danny Salazar on the Triple-A disabled list with a strained triceps.
- San Diego Padres : RHP Andrew Cashner (elbow) will start Saturday against the Washington Nationals .
- Texas Rangers : Placed RHP Alexi Ogando on the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
- Tampa Bay Rays : RHP Jeremy Hellickson (elbow surgery) says he'll begin a minor-league rehab assignment on Saturday at the High-A level. (Roger Mooney via Twitter)
- Colorado Rockies : Placed OF Carlos Gonzalez on the 15-day DL with finger inflammation.
- New York Yankees : According to MGR Joe Girardi, OF Carlos Beltran could be back in the Yanks' lineup on Thursday. Beltran hasn't played since May 12 because of bone spurs in his throwing elbow. He's batting .234/.286/.430 on the season. (Bryan Hoch via Twitter)
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Miami Marlins : According to Ken Rosenthal, Miami recently tried to swing a deal for Oakland reliever Jim Johnson .
- Pittsburgh Pirates : There are conflicting reports on whether or not the Pirates will call up top prospect OF Gregory Polanco on Friday.
- Rays: LHP David Price was fined but not suspended for plunking Boston Red Sox DH David Ortiz last week.
- Kansas City Royals : Have released RHP Brett Tomko.
- Detroit Tigers : Have designated INF Danny Worth for assignment.
- Yankees: Have designated RHP Alfredo Aceves for assignment