MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for June 24
Tuesday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Sunday, June 1 (click here for today's scores) …
- Oakland Athletics : Activated OF Josh Reddick from the DL and placed OF Kyle Blanks on the DL with a strained calf muscle.
- St. Louis Cardinals : RHP Shelby Miller was forced to exit his start against the Colorado Rockies because of back tightness. He's tentatively scheduled to make his next start on Sunday, and he said after the game that he's fine. However, let's keep in mind that the Cardinals already have Michael Wacha and Jaime Garcia on the DL. In that light, Miller's status bears monitoring.
- Los Angeles Dodgers : SS Hanley Ramirez was out of the lineup Tuesday night with ongoing right shoulder issues. (Ken Gurnick via Twitter)
- Pittsburgh Pirates : Activated 2B Neil Walker (appendectomy) from the DL.
- Tampa Bay Rays : OF Jerry Sands is expected to miss three weeks because of a strained tendon in his left wrist. (Matt Baker, Tampa Bay Times)
- Rockies: RHP Christian Bergman has a broken bone near his non-throwing thumb and is expected to miss the next six weeks. (Patrick Saunders via Twitter)
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Los Angeles Angels : GM Jerry DiPoto says he may look to acquire a lefty reliever and a closer prior to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. (Jim Bowden via Twitter)
- Toronto Blue Jays , Chicago Cubs : Continue to talk about a trade involving RHP Jeff Samardzija . (Jon Morosi, FoxSports.com)
- Pirates: OF Jose Tabata , who was recently designated for assignment, has cleared waivers and has accepted an assignment to the Pirates' Triple-A affiliate.
- Rays: According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Rays are prepared to trade LHP David Price right away. No deal is imminent, however.
- New York Yankees : Released RHP Heath Bell on Tuesday.