MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for March 30
The full Sunday recap -- transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Astros: GM Jeff Luhnow says that if the team plays well, then he may not move any veterans at the trade deadline. (Evan Drellich, Houston Chronicle)
- Dodgers: According to Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times, Josh Beckett has beaten out Paul Maholm for the Dodgers' fifth starter job.
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Phillies: Have re-signed INF Ronny Cedeno to a minor-league contract. The Phillies released Cedeno last Tuesday.
- White Sox: Have re-signed RHP Mitchell Boggs to a minor-league deal a week after releasing him.
- Braves: LHP Mike Minor (urethra surgery, shoulder) made his first appearance of the spring on Sunday. As MLB.com's Joe Morgan notes, Minor worked 1 1/3 scoreless against a lineup of Braves' "futures." He's expected to miss at least the first two weeks of the season as he rounds into regular-season shape. The Braves, who've already lost starters Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to Tommy John surgery this spring, badly need a healthy Minor for the bulk of 2014.
Acuna edged out Shohei Ohtani and Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
There's no reason to run over the cases for and against Bonds, so let's have fun instead
The coveted right-hander would certainly be a fit in Milwaukee
We rate the best mustaches from random baseball cards because, why not?
Colon wants to break a Dennis Martinez record
The Twins have been rumored to be interested in Darvish all winter