MLB Winter Meetings updates: Latest news, rumors, trades and signings
Your one-stop shop for all things MLB Winter Meetings-related
Baseball's Winter Meetings began Monday and will conclude Thursday.
If there's one thing everyone identifies with the Meetings, it's the Rule 5 draft. No, no -- it's how the Meetings serve as a breeding pool for trades, signings, and rumors; that's just what happens when the industry's most important people are forced into the same hotel for a work week.
Because it can be hard to keep up with the activity, we've decided to put together this hub to keep everyone up-to-date on the latest rumors and moves. Feel free to check back throughout the Meetings as a means of getting your recommended daily amount of baseball chatter. The latest updates are at the top.
- The Angels are nearing a deal for a third baseman.
- The Marlins will release Edinson Volquez, who underwent Tommy John surgery late in the season. He's owed $13 million.
- The Padres are shopping Yangervis Solarte and Chase Headley.
- The A's and Cardinals are involving OF Stephen Piscotty.
- The Twins are in free agent SP Yu Darvish.
- Agent Scott Boras says with the Nationals about a Bryce Harper contract extension.
- The Angels, Mets, Brewers, and Giants have interest in Tigers 2B Ian Kinsler. However, Kinsler also .
- The Cubs and Indians are reportedly talking about a trade involving RHP Danny Salazar.
- The Diamondbacks and Rangers are Zack Greinke's name as popped up. , and
- The Dodgers with Yu Darvish despite his two World Series disaster starts.
- After trading away Chase Headley, the Yankees Todd Frazier about a reunion. with
- The Cardinals are Wade Davis. and they are among the teams interested in
- The Tigers have started exchanging names with interested teams during Ian Kinsler trade talks.
- The Yankees are working hard to add a starting pitcher, according to manager Aaron Boone. They remain in contact with CC Sabathia.
- J.D. Martinez will attend the Winter Meetings and meet with interested teams face-to-face, including the Red Sox.
- The Cardinals have spoken to the Blue Jays about Josh Donaldson during the Winter Meetings. No trade is imminent, however.
- The Mets have reversed course on Matt Harvey and .
- The Orioles are reportedly , who wants to play shortstop. The Yankees are .
- The Yankees are reportedly for Michael Fulmer.
- Jake Arrieta's agent, Scott Boras, is seeking a $200-million contract for him -- .
- The Yankees' next move now that they have NL MVP Giancarlo Stanton in tow? outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury. Stanton, by the way, Marlins on the way out of town.
- Free agent second baseman Neil Walker is looking for a four-year deal, reports Jon Heyman.
- The Mets and Rangers have reportedly discussed a Harvey for Jurickson Profar trade.
- The Mets are showing interest in free agent slugger Mike Napoli, per the New York Post.
- The Nationals have had a quiet offseason, but word is they're interested in Addison Reed and Matt Adams to .
- The Phillies are also after Reed, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
- Among the suitors of free agent outfielder Carlos Gonzalez are the Giants, Royals, A's, Rays and Blue Jays, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com.
- The Astros are .
- The Diamondbacks don't expect to keep slugger J.D. Martinez, though they'd like to do so.
- The D'Backs are also interested in bringing back closer Fernando Rodney. The Mets have interest, too.
- The Pirates are for staff ace Gerrit Cole, and the Yankees are among the interested teams.
- Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski shot down a report saying the team is shopping Jackie Bradley Jr.
- Tigers GM Al Avila says the team has not yet received any trade offers for Michael Fulmer. "There are a handful of teams out there that have the players to do it, but we have not come close to those conversations," said Avila. He is also confident Ian Kinsler will be traded this winter.
- GM Alex Anthopoulos said the Braves are looking to add bullpen help, a starting pitcher, and a third baseman. They also want to improve their overall team defense.
- The Twins, Nationals, Cubs, Diamondbacks, and Rangers are in free agent reliever Brandon Kintzler. He could be the next reliever to sign.
- The Nationals and Cardinals have both checked in with the Marlins about Marcell Ozuna, who could be on the move next now that Giancarlo Stanton has been traded. Joe Frisaro of MLB.com adds the Braves and Diamondbacks to the mix, reporting that at least 10 teams have asked about Ozuna.
- Carlos Santana are the Indians, Red Sox, Padres, Rangers, Phillies, and Rockies. in
- The Mets, Rockies, Blue Jays, and Mariners are among the teams with interest in Jay Bruce.
- Now that Giancarlo Stanton and Dee Gordon have been traded away, Marcell Ozuna in trades.
- The Astros have signed reliever Joe Smith.
- The Mariners have agreed to terms with reliever Juan Nicasio.
- The Mets have signed reliever Anthony Swarzak to a two-year, $14 million contract.
- The Rockies have reportedly re-upped with lefty reliever Jake McGee on a three-year deal that includes an option for a fourth.
- The Twins added , who is coming off Tommy John surgery last season with the Yankees.
- The Rangers inked righty Chris Martin to a two-year deal worth $4 million. He pitched well in relief in Japan over the past couple years, but had struggled during his previous big-league cameos.
- The Phillies are bringing back veteran setup man Pat Neshek on a . Neshek was with Philadelphia last season before being flipped for prospects at the deadline.
- The Cubs signed lefty Drew Smyly to a . Smyly is currently rehabbing from Tommy John surgery and isn't expected to pitch until late 2018. This is more of a 2019 signing.
- Bryan Shaw to a three-year deal worth $27 million while the Phillies signed Tommy Hunter to a two-year deal. . The Rockies signed
- The Angels for Tigers 2B Ian Kinsler.
- The Cardinals have OF Marcell Ozuna from the Marlins.
- The Indians have acquired $500,000 in international bonus pool money for the 2017-18 period from the Mariners in exchange for RHP Shawn Armstrong, per Mark Feinsand.
- The Mariners have acquired LHP Anthony Misiewicz from the Rays in exchange for international slot money.
- The Padres grabbed third baseman Chase Headley and pitcher Bryan Mitchell from the Yankees outfielder Jabari Blash.
- The Rays acquired second baseman Joey Wendle from the Athletics for a player to be named later, both teams announced.
- The Rays also acquired infielder Ryan Schimpf from the Padres for minor-league infielder Deion Tansel, the clubs announced.
Keep it right here for all of Sunday's MLB action
Bautista didn't do much with his limited opportunity
Soto has eight games of experience at Double-A, but he's coming to The Show
Our advanced computer model simulated Sunday's Royals vs. Yankees game 10,000 times
Injuries continue to afflict the Nationals
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with more than $1M in winnings, gives optimal lineup...