The Indians' amazing 22-game winning streak by the numbers
Now that Cleveland's winning streak is no more, let's break it down
On Friday night, the Indians lost a close one to the Royals, and as a result MLB history. In either case, the Tribe's roll is something to celebrate. So let's do that, by the numbers .... It's the longest winning streak in American League history, and depending upon how you feel about the Giants 27-game unbeaten streak in 1916 ( ) it might be the longest in
- .306/.385/.552 -- What the Indians as a team batted during the streak.
- .208/.251/.289 -- What the Indians' opponents batted during the streak.
- 1.58 -- The Indians' team ERA during the streak.
- 41 -- How many home runs the Indians hit during the streak.
- 37 -- How many total runs the Indians allowed during the streak.
- 102 -- How many extra-base hits the Indians racked up during the streak.
- 35 -- How many extra-base hits the Indians' pitchers allowed during the streak.
- Plus-105 -- The Indians' run differential during the streak.
- 31-5 -- The Indians' record since Aug. 11.
- .600 -- The second-place Twins' winning percentage during the Indians' streak.
- 9 -- How many games the Twins lost in the AL Central standings during the Indians' streak.
- 3 -- How many times Jose Ramirez struck out during the streak.
- 20 -- How many extra-base hits Ramirez tallied during the streak.
- .811 -- Roberto Perez's SLG during the streak.
- 69 -- Corey Kluber's strikeouts during the streak plus Carlos Carrasco's strikeouts during the streak.
- 3 -- Kluber's walks during the streak plus Carrasco's walk during the streak.
- 1 -- Innings pitched by Andrew Miller during the streak.
- 0 -- Games played by Michael Brantley during the streak.
- 0 -- Games played by Jason Kipnis during the streak.
- 1 -- Starts made by Danny Salazar during the streak.
- 6 -- The most runs allowed in a game by the Indians during the streak.
- 7 -- Number of times the Indians shut out an opponent during the streak.
- 18 -- The number you get when you subtract the 2017 Indians' longest losing streak from their longest winning streak.
- 8.03 -- The Indians' chances of winning the World Series, per SportsLine, .
- 19.77 -- The Indians' chances of winning the World Series, per SportsLine, .
- 89 -- How many wins the Indians' were on pace for just before the streak began.
- 100 -- How many wins Indians are now on pace for.
- 1 -- Number of standing ovations the Indians received following their loss to the Royals on Sept. 15 ...
Thanks for the ride, Tribe.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Here is everything you need to know from Day 2 of the 2018 winter meetings
Tuesday in Vegas was much more action-packed than Monday
The rookie manager will inherit a team that lost 115 games a season ago
The Phillies are making their roster better while Harper and Machado continue to mull their...
We know the Yankees, Phillies, and White Sox are in, but who else has eyes for Machado?
The former MVP is heading to Philadelphia