Bellator MMA is back in action on Friday night. The promotion returns from a two-week hiatus to see a loaded fight card take place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut with Bellator 258. The bantamweight title is on the line in the main event when champion Juan Archuleta puts his title on the line against top contender Sergio Pettis.
Archuleta has had a brilliant run inside the Bellator cage. His lone defeat came in a Grand Prix bout against now two-division champion Patricio Pitbull, but "The Spaniard" owns wins over Patchy Mix, Henry Corrales, Eduardo Dantas and Ricky Bandejas. He gets a tough out in Pettis, who has ripped off three straight wins, including two inside the Bellator cage.
Meanwhile, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is still set to make his promotional debut despite his scheduled opponent, Yoel Romero, falling off the card on a week's notice after failing a pre-fight medical screening. Now, Johnson will battle Jose Augusto in the co-main event as part of the Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix. The winner will get a shot at the champion, Vadim Nemkov, in the semifinals after Nemkov handled Phil Davis by decision in April.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including a lookahead to Bellator 258 below.
This card also sees the return of Michael "Venom" Page when he takes on Derek Anderson in a bout at 175 pounds. Plus, Patricio Pitbull's brother, Patricky, is back when he takes on another member of Team SBG in Peter Queally in a featured bout at 155 pounds. (Bellator and CBS Sports are both owned by ViacomCBS)
It's shaping up to be a busy week in Uncasville, Connecticut. Stay tuned to CBS Sports for the latest info on this card as well as fight odds and analysis leading up to the event below.
Bellator 258 fight card
Odds via William Hill Sportsbook
- Juan Archuleta (c) -195 vs. Sergio Pettis +165, bantamweight title
- Anthony Johnson -470 vs. Jose Augusto +360, light heavyweights
- Patricky Pitbull -280 vs. Peter Queally +240, lightweights
- Michael Page -300 vs. Derek Anderson +230, 175-pound catchweights
- Raufeon Stots -220 vs. Josh Hill +180, bantamweights
- Lorenz Larkin -210 vs. Rafael Carvalho +175, middleweights
- Patchy Mix -800 vs. Albert Morales +550, bantamweights
- Logan Storley -1200 vs. Omar Huessein +750, welterweights
- Johnny Eblen -440 vs. Daniel Madrid +340, middleweights
- Henry Corrales -800 vs. Johnny Campbell +550, bantamweights
- Weber Almeida -500 vs. Johnny Soto +380, featherweights
- Erik Perez -500 vs. Blaine Shutt +380, bantamweights
Bellator 258 info
- Date: May 7
- Location: Mohegan Sun Arena -- Uncasville, Connecticut
- Start time: 9 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: Showtime