One of the biggest fights in Bellator MMA history goes down on Saturday when Patricio Pitbull defends his featherweight championship against AJ McKee in the finals of the Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix. The fight headlines Bellator 263 from The Forum in Inglewood, California.
Pitbull is on arguably the best run of his career while taking the mantle of best fighter in promotional history. The Brazilian has won seven in a row dating back to 2017, including a jump up to lightweight to claim the 155-pound title over Michael Chandler. Pitbull has left a path of destruction in his wake with four of those wins coming by stoppage, including three in the first round.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including the top storylines to follow at Bellator 263 in Los Angeles below.
McKee has performed nearly as admirably as Pitbull in his young career. Beginning in 2015, when he started his professional career with Bellator MMA, McKee has gone 17-0 with 12 stoppage victories. And each performance seems to be slightly better than the last with a pair of submissions and one TKO on his route to reaching the final. McKee already owns wins over a pair of former champions and would love to add Pitbull's name to that growing list.
The rest of the card fills out nicely with a pair of Russian prospects looking to make a name for themselves. Usman Nurmagomedov, cousin of former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, is back in a featured bout against Manny Muro at 155 pounds. Nurmagomedov made a strong debut in April with a decision over Mike Hamel. Plus, Islam Mamedov gets his chance to shine when he takes on former Bellator lightweight champion Brent Primus. The co-main event features a strong one at featherweight as well when Mads Burnell takes on former title challenger Emmanuel Sanchez.
Below is the complete fight card with the latest odds from William Hill Sportsbook as well as how you can catch the action on Saturday night. Stay with CBS Sports for all your Bellator 263 coverage throughout the week, including the latest news, features and live coverage on Saturday night.
Bellator 263 fight card, odds
- AJ McKee -115 vs. Patricio Pitbull (c) -105, featherweight championship
- Mads Burnell -135 vs. Emmanuel Sanchez +115, featherweight
- Usman Nurmagomedov -1400 vs. Luis Muro +800, lightweight
- Islam Mamedov -220 vs. Brent Primus +180, lightweight
- Goiti Yamauchi -165 vs. Chris Gonzalez +140, 160-pound catchweight
- Vanessa Porto -300 vs. Ilara Joanne +240, women's flyweight
- Gadzhi Rabadanov -625 vs. Daniel Carey +450, 150-pound catchweight
- Khasan Magomedsharipov -1000 vs. Jonathan Quiroz +650, featherweight
- Joshua Jones -195 vs. Johnny Cisneros +165, 180-pound catchweight
- Georgi Karakhanyan -260 vs. Kiefer Crosbie +210, lightweight
- Jordan Winski -125 vs. Brian Moore +105, bantamweight
Bellator 263 info
- Date: July 31
- Location: The Forum -- Inglewood, California
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: Showtime
Bellator 263 countdown
- Staff picks and predictions for the main event
- Campbell: McKee gets his shot at greatness
- Brookhouse: Top moneyline, prop and parlay plays to consider for Saturday night
- Campbell: A look back at Patricio Pitbull's incredible resume