To say UFC 261 delivered is a dramatic understatement. The first event with fans back in attendance gave the audience moment after moment of high flying action in Jacksonville with three title fights all ending within two rounds. Kamaru Usman retained his welterweight title with a dramatic knockout of Jorge Masvidal in the main event. Usman is now on an 18-fight winning streak and has yet to be beat inside the UFC Octagon.
Elsewhere, Rose Namajunas reclaim her seat as the top strawweight on the planet with a thudding first-round knockout of Weili Zhang in the co-main event. Namajunas landed a flush head kick to Zhang that sent the former champ straight to the mat and ended a 21-fight win streak. Plus, Valentina Shevchenko once again asserted her dominance with a TKO over Jessica Andrade.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including instant analysis of UFC 261 below.
It was an incredibly busy night inside the Octagon. Catch up on all the action that took place inside the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena with our recaps and highlights below.
UFC 261 fight card, results
- Kamaru Usman (c) def. Jorge Masvidal via second-round TKO (punches)
- Rose Namajunas def. Weili Zhang via first-round knockout (head kick)
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) def. Jessica Andrade via second-round TKO (punches, elbows)
- Uriah Hall def. Chris Weidman via first-round TKO (leg injury)
- Anthony Smith def. Jimmy Crute via first-round TKO (doctor stoppage)
- Randy Brown def. Alex Oliveira via first-round submission (rear naked choke)
- Dwight Grant def. Stefan Sekulic via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Brendan Allen def. Karl Roberson via first-round submission (heel hook)
- Patrick Sabatini def. Tristan Connelly via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Danaa Batgerel def. Kevin Natividad via first-round TKO (punches)
- Kazula Vargas def. Rong Zhu via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jeffrey Molina def. Aoriqileng via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Ariane Carnelossi def. Na Liang via second-round TKO (punches)
UFC 261 countdown, reaction
- Takeaways: Usman closing in on Georges St-Pierre; Namajunas completes redemption story
- Twitter explodes after Usman's thudding knockout of Masvidal
- Anderson Silva reacts to Weidman's gruesome leg injury
- Performance of the Night: Usman, Namajunas earn bonuses
- Namajunas breaks down in tears after winning strawweight title for a second time
- Daniel Cormier, Jake Paul get into heated exchange in Jacksonville
- LOOK: Fans flock to VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena for first event in over a year
- Staff predictions and expert picks for the main card
- Thomas: Coaches, analysts break down what makes Usman and Masvidal elite
- Brookhouse: A look at the three best bets to make on this card
- Resume review: An in-depth look at Masvidal's career and how he got to this point
- Brookhouse: A fight-by-fight breakdown on the main card
- Campbell: Five biggest storylines to watch in Jacksonville