This weekend, Deiveson Figueiredo attempts to right a monumental wrong from earlier this year. Saturday night, Figueiredo will rematch Joseph Benavidez in the main event of the UFC Fight Night card from Fight Island in Abu Dhabi with the vacant flyweight championship on the line after the two clashed in February for the same title. Figueiredo won that first meeting by TKO in the second round but missed weight prior to the fight, however, and was ineligible to take home the belt.
Benavidez has a solid case for deserving another shot at Figueiredo and the championship, as the knockout loss came moments after an accidental headbutt that may have set up the finish. This will be the fifth time Benavidez has fought for a championship in the WEC or UFC, losing in all four previous title opportunities.
Can't get enough UFC? Subscribe to our podcast State of Combat with Brian Campbell where we break down everything you need to know in the Octagon, including a complete preview of the flyweight title rematch with Hall of Famer 'Suga' Rashad Evans.
In the co-main event, a pair of middleweight contenders square off hoping to rise into title contention as Kelvin Gastelum meets Jack Hermansson. Gastelum is fresh off two losses in 2019, including a Fight of the Year against Israel Adesanya for the interim 185-pound crown. Hermansson, meanwhile, was surging up the rankings after seven straight wins before getting stopped by Jared Cannonier last September.
Read on below for the full card and odds provided by William Hill Sportsbook.
UFC Fight Night: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo 2 fight card, odds
- Deiveson Figueiredo -210 vs. Joseph Benavidez +175, vacant flyweight championship
- Kelvin Gastelum -115 vs. Jack Hermansson -105, middleweights
- Marc Diakiese -160 vs. Rafael Fiziev +135, lightweights
- Ariane Lipski -130 vs. Luana Carolina +110, women's flyweights
- Alexandre Pantoja -200 vs. Askar Askarov +170, flyweights
- Roman Dolidze -190 vs. Khadis Ibragimov +160, light heavyweights
- Grant Dawson -240 vs. Nad Narimani +200, 150-pound catchweight
- Joseph Duffy -360 vs. Joel Álvarez +280, lightweights
- Montel Jackson -240 vs. Brett Johns +200, bantamweights
- Amir Albazi vs. Malcolm Gordon, flyweights
- Arman Tsarukyan -200 vs. Davi Ramos +170, lightweights
- Sergey Spivak -150 vs. Carlos Felipe +125, heavyweights
UFC Fight Night: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo 2 info
- Date: July 18
- Location: Flash Forum -- Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
- Start time: 8 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+
Who will win Figueiredo vs. Benavidez, and how exactly will each fight on the card end? Visit SportsLine now to get detailed picks on every fight on Saturday's card, all from the accomplished expert who's up nearly $21,000 and has nailed 14 straight main events.