Boston @ Chicago
Current Records: Boston 35-31; Chicago 27-39
What to Know
The Boston Celtics are staying on the road Friday to face off against the Chicago Bulls at 7:30 p.m. ET May 7 at United Center. These two teams are strolling into their matchup after big wins in their previous games.
You're bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that's exactly how it played out for the Celtics on Wednesday. They really took it to the Orlando Magic for a full four quarters, racking up a 132-96 victory on the road. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Boston had established a 100-75 advantage. Boston's point guard Kemba Walker was one of the most active players for the team, shooting 6-for-9 from beyond the arc and finishing with 32 points.
Meanwhile, Chicago took their contest against the Charlotte Hornets on Thursday by a conclusive 120-99 score. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Chicago had established a 96-74 advantage. Their center Nikola Vucevic did his thing and shot 5-for-7 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 29 points and 14 rebounds. That makes it six consecutive games in which Vucevic has had at least 11 rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Boston is expected to win a tight contest. They covered a 12.5-point spread on Wednesday, so bettors might be thinking that will translate to further success against a lower spread.
Their wins bumped Boston to 35-31 and the Bulls to 27-39. Both the Celtics and Chicago have easy wins in recent memory. We'll see which one's ego takes a hit when they face off.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center -- Chicago, Illinois
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Celtics are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 3-point favorite.
Boston have won 16 out of their last 24 games against Chicago.
- Apr 19, 2021 - Chicago 102 vs. Boston 96
- Jan 25, 2021 - Boston 119 vs. Chicago 103
- Jan 13, 2020 - Boston 113 vs. Chicago 101
- Jan 04, 2020 - Boston 111 vs. Chicago 104
- Feb 23, 2019 - Chicago 126 vs. Boston 116
- Dec 08, 2018 - Boston 133 vs. Chicago 77
- Nov 14, 2018 - Boston 111 vs. Chicago 82
- Apr 06, 2018 - Boston 111 vs. Chicago 104
- Mar 05, 2018 - Boston 105 vs. Chicago 89
- Dec 23, 2017 - Boston 117 vs. Chicago 92
- Dec 11, 2017 - Chicago 108 vs. Boston 85
- Apr 28, 2017 - Boston 105 vs. Chicago 83
- Apr 26, 2017 - Boston 108 vs. Chicago 97
- Apr 23, 2017 - Boston 104 vs. Chicago 95
- Apr 21, 2017 - Boston 104 vs. Chicago 87
- Apr 18, 2017 - Chicago 111 vs. Boston 97
- Apr 16, 2017 - Chicago 106 vs. Boston 102
- Mar 12, 2017 - Boston 100 vs. Chicago 80
- Feb 16, 2017 - Chicago 104 vs. Boston 103
- Nov 02, 2016 - Boston 107 vs. Chicago 100
- Oct 27, 2016 - Chicago 105 vs. Boston 99
- Jan 22, 2016 - Boston 110 vs. Chicago 101
- Jan 07, 2016 - Chicago 101 vs. Boston 92
- Dec 09, 2015 - Boston 105 vs. Chicago 100