Through 1 Quarter
The Los Angeles Lakers are flexing their muscles against the Cleveland Cavaliers, showing why they were favored to win all along. The Lakers are in control with a 36-25 lead over Cleveland.
Small forward LeBron James has taken over for Los Angeles, currently boasting 17 points (47% of their total) in addition to four rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Marc Gasol's foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Center Andre Drummond has led the way so far for Cleveland, as he has ten points along with six boards.
Los Angeles @ Cleveland
Current Records: Los Angeles 13-4; Cleveland 8-8
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers are on the road again Monday and play against the Cleveland Cavaliers at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 25 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. The Lakers will be strutting in after a victory while Cleveland will be stumbling in from a loss.
Los Angeles strolled past the Chicago Bulls with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the game 101-90. The team accrued 63 points in the first half and coasted on those for the win. Los Angeles' power forward Anthony Davis did his thing and had 37 points along with six rebounds.
Meanwhile, Cleveland was pulverized by the Boston Celtics 141-103 on Sunday. Cleveland was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 73-51.
The Lakers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 11.5-point margin of victory. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 7-2 ATS in away games but only 10-7 all in all.
Los Angeles is now 13-4 while the Cavaliers sit at 8-8. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Los Angeles comes into the contest boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in the league at 104.3. Less enviably, Cleveland is stumbling into the matchup with the second fewest points per game in the league, having accrued only 104.3 on average. They might struggle to break 100.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: Fox Sports - Ohio
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Lakers, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 10-point favorite.
Cleveland have won six out of their last nine games against Los Angeles.
- Jan 13, 2020 - Los Angeles 128 vs. Cleveland 99
- Jan 13, 2019 - Cleveland 101 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Nov 21, 2018 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Cleveland 105
- Mar 11, 2018 - Los Angeles 127 vs. Cleveland 113
- Dec 14, 2017 - Cleveland 121 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Mar 19, 2017 - Cleveland 125 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Dec 17, 2016 - Cleveland 119 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Mar 10, 2016 - Cleveland 120 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb 10, 2016 - Cleveland 120 vs. Los Angeles 111
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Wrist)
- Kevin Love: Out (Calf)
- Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Concussion)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jared Dudley: Out (Calf)
- Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)