Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Toronto Raptors, but thus far the points are on their side. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Boston Celtics as Toronto lead 87-64. The Raptors have been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Scottie Barnes, who has dropped a double-double on 21 points and ten rebounds.
Barnes has led the way so far for Toronto, as he has posted a double-double on 21 points and ten boards. Barnes hadn't helped his team much against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, so this is a nice turnaround for him.
Toronto and Boston have certainly played as if they're avenging a loss, because they are. Toronto is out front, but they can't get complacent.
Toronto @ Boston
Current Records: Toronto 0-1; Boston 0-1
What to Know
The Toronto Raptors haven't won a matchup against the Boston Celtics since Sept. 9 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought Friday. Toronto and Boston will face off in an Atlantic Division battle at 7:30 p.m. ET at TD Garden. If the game is anything like the Celtics' 132-125 win from their previous meeting in March, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The contest between the Raptors and the Washington Wizards on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with Toronto falling 98-83 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Toronto was down 81-59 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Scottie Barnes wasn't much of a difference maker for Toronto; Barnes picked up five fouls and turned the ball over six times en route to a 12-point finish.
Meanwhile, Boston fought the good fight in their overtime game against the New York Knicks on Wednesday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 138-134. The loss was just more heartbreak for the Celtics, who fell 96-92 when the teams previously met in May. Boston's defeat came about despite a quality game from Jaylen Brown, who shot 8-for-14 from beyond the arc and finished with 46 points, six assists and nine boards.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the victory. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: NBC Sports Boston
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $41.96
The Celtics are a solid 7-point favorite against the Raptors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 6.5-point favorite.
Boston have won 16 out of their last 30 games against Toronto.
- Mar 04, 2021 - Boston 132 vs. Toronto 125
- Feb 11, 2021 - Boston 120 vs. Toronto 106
- Jan 04, 2021 - Boston 126 vs. Toronto 114
- Sep 11, 2020 - Boston 92 vs. Toronto 87
- Sep 09, 2020 - Toronto 125 vs. Boston 122
- Sep 07, 2020 - Boston 111 vs. Toronto 89
- Sep 05, 2020 - Toronto 100 vs. Boston 93
- Sep 03, 2020 - Toronto 104 vs. Boston 103
- Sep 01, 2020 - Boston 102 vs. Toronto 99
- Aug 30, 2020 - Boston 112 vs. Toronto 94
- Aug 07, 2020 - Boston 122 vs. Toronto 100
- Dec 28, 2019 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 97
- Dec 25, 2019 - Boston 118 vs. Toronto 102
- Oct 25, 2019 - Boston 112 vs. Toronto 106
- Feb 26, 2019 - Toronto 118 vs. Boston 95
- Jan 16, 2019 - Boston 117 vs. Toronto 108
- Nov 16, 2018 - Boston 123 vs. Toronto 116
- Oct 19, 2018 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 101
- Apr 04, 2018 - Toronto 96 vs. Boston 78
- Mar 31, 2018 - Boston 110 vs. Toronto 99
- Feb 06, 2018 - Toronto 111 vs. Boston 91
- Nov 12, 2017 - Boston 95 vs. Toronto 94
- Feb 24, 2017 - Toronto 107 vs. Boston 97
- Feb 01, 2017 - Boston 109 vs. Toronto 104
- Jan 10, 2017 - Toronto 114 vs. Boston 106
- Dec 09, 2016 - Toronto 101 vs. Boston 94
- Mar 23, 2016 - Boston 91 vs. Toronto 79
- Mar 18, 2016 - Toronto 105 vs. Boston 91
- Jan 20, 2016 - Toronto 115 vs. Boston 109
- Oct 30, 2015 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 103
Injury Report for BostonNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Toronto
- Yuta Watanabe: Out (Calf)
- Pascal Siakam: Out (Shoulder)