Confirming initial reports, USA Basketball announced the official roster for the 2016 U.S. Olympic men's team on Monday:
- Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks/Syracuse)
- Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors/North Carolina)
- Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls/Marquette)
- DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings/Kentucky)
- DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors/USC)
- Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder/Texas)
- Paul George (Indiana Pacers/Fresno State)
- Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors/Michigan State)
- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers/Duke)
- DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers/Texas A&M)
- Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors/Villanova)
- Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors/Washington State).
A well rounded roster that coach Mike Krzyzewski and USA Basketball director Jerry Colangelo are confident will bring home a third straight Olympic gold medal.
"I think I can speak for the entire coaching staff and say we're extremely excited about the team we will field for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro," Colangelo said in a release. "I love our depth, which is another indication of the depth of talent our national team program is blessed with. We've got a great mix of talent, scorers, past gold medal winners and outstanding youth."
"Looking at this team, our overall balance is what strikes me." Krzyzewski said. "We have lightning-quick guards who can score as well as distribute the basketball. We have great shooters and explosive scorers, we're big and athletic, and I think we'll really be able to defend."
To go with their new roster, Team USA will be playing in these sweet new uniforms from Nike:
Now that the roster is set, the 2016 Olympic team will go through a minicamp in mid-July and then go on a series of exhibitions games around the country before heading to Rio in early August.