Los Angeles @ Memphis
Current Records: Los Angeles 23-10; Memphis 13-14
What to Know
The Los Angeles Clippers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last six games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Memphis Grizzlies at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday at FedExForum. Los Angeles should still be feeling good after a victory, while Memphis will be looking to right the ship.
While not quite a landslide, the contest between the Clippers and the Washington Wizards on Tuesday was still a pretty decisive one as Los Angeles wrapped it up with a 135-116 win at home. It was another big night for Los Angeles' small forward Kawhi Leonard, who had 32 points along with seven boards.
Meanwhile, the Grizz came up short against the Dallas Mavericks on Monday, falling 102-92. Memphis was down 81-62 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. One thing holding the Grizzlies back was the mediocre play of center Jonas Valanciunas, who did not have his best game: he played for 29 minutes with 5-for-18 shooting and four turnovers. That makes it four consecutive games in which Valanciunas has had at least 12 rebounds.
The Clippers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 10-5 ATS in away games but only 19-14 all in all.
Los Angeles is now 23-10 while the Grizz sits at 13-14. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Los Angeles ranks third in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 48.70% on the season. Less enviably, Memphis has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.80% from the floor on average, which is the fifth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Memphis.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Fox Sports - Southeast
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Clippers are a big 8-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Clippers as a 7.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 12 out of their last 18 games against Memphis.
- Feb 24, 2020 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Memphis 97
- Jan 04, 2020 - Memphis 140 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Nov 27, 2019 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Memphis 119
- Mar 31, 2019 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Memphis 96
- Feb 22, 2019 - Los Angeles 112 vs. Memphis 106
- Dec 05, 2018 - Memphis 96 vs. Los Angeles 86
- Nov 23, 2018 - Los Angeles 112 vs. Memphis 107
- Jan 26, 2018 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Memphis 100
- Jan 02, 2018 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Memphis 105
- Dec 23, 2017 - Memphis 115 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Nov 04, 2017 - Memphis 113 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Mar 09, 2017 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Memphis 98
- Jan 04, 2017 - Los Angeles 115 vs. Memphis 106
- Nov 16, 2016 - Memphis 111 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Nov 04, 2016 - Los Angeles 99 vs. Memphis 88
- Apr 12, 2016 - Los Angeles 110 vs. Memphis 84
- Mar 19, 2016 - Memphis 113 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Nov 09, 2015 - Los Angeles 94 vs. Memphis 92
Injury Report for Memphis
- Dillon Brooks: Game-Time Decision (Thigh)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Foot)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Daniel Oturu: Out (Quadriceps)
- Patrick Patterson: Out (Personal)
- Jay Scrubb: Out (Foot)