Indiana @ Memphis
Current Records: Indiana 24-27; Memphis 26-24
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Indiana Pacers and are hoping to record their first win since Jan. 26 of 2019. They will face off against one another at 8 p.m. ET Sunday at FedExForum. Averaging 128 points in their past three games, the Grizzlies' high-powered offense has been in full-swing lately, so Indiana better be ready for a challenge.
Memphis fought the good fight in their overtime matchup against the New York Knicks this past Friday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 133-129. The contest was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but Memphis had been the slight favorite coming in. Memphis' defeat came about despite a quality game from center Jonas Valanciunas, who posted a double-double on 20 points and 14 rebounds in addition to three blocks. That makes it 20 consecutive games in which Valanciunas has had at least ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Indiana didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the Orlando Magic this past Friday, but they still walked away with a 111-106 victory. Indiana's small forward Doug McDermott filled up the stat sheet, picking up 19 points along with six boards.
In the teams' previous meeting in February, the Grizzlies lost to the Pacers on the road by a decisive 134-116 margin. Maybe Memphis will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest - Indiana
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Grizzlies are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 1.5-point favorite.
Indiana have won seven out of their last 11 games against Memphis.
- Feb 02, 2021 - Indiana 134 vs. Memphis 116
- Dec 02, 2019 - Indiana 117 vs. Memphis 104
- Nov 25, 2019 - Indiana 126 vs. Memphis 114
- Jan 26, 2019 - Memphis 106 vs. Indiana 103
- Oct 17, 2018 - Indiana 111 vs. Memphis 83
- Jan 31, 2018 - Indiana 105 vs. Memphis 101
- Nov 15, 2017 - Indiana 116 vs. Memphis 113
- Mar 29, 2017 - Memphis 110 vs. Indiana 97
- Feb 24, 2017 - Indiana 102 vs. Memphis 92
- Dec 19, 2015 - Memphis 96 vs. Indiana 84
- Oct 29, 2015 - Memphis 112 vs. Indiana 103