Through 1 Quarter
We've seen some fireworks one quarter in as the Memphis Grizzlies and the New Orleans Pelicans have combined for 69 points. a victory is still up for grabs for either team, but Memphis is up 36-33 Their offense has come from several players so far.
The Grizzlies and New Orleans came into this contest with previous-game wins. We'll see if Memphis can maintain their lead to polish off another win and cancel out New Orleans' positive energy.
New Orleans @ Memphis
Current Records: New Orleans 31-37; Memphis 34-33
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Memphis Grizzlies are heading back home. The Grizzlies and the New Orleans Pelicans will face off in a Southwest Division battle at 8 p.m. ET Monday at FedExForum. The Grizz hasn't won a matchup against New Orleans since Feb. 9 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought.
Memphis beat the Toronto Raptors 109-99 this past Saturday. It was another big night for the Grizz's center Jonas Valanciunas, who posted a double-double on 21 rebounds and 18 points in addition to four blocks.
Meanwhile, it was a close one, but on Sunday the Pelicans sidestepped the Charlotte Hornets for a 112-110 victory. New Orleans can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Eric Bledsoe, who dropped a double-double on 24 points and 11 dimes, and center Jaxson Hayes, who had 18 points along with eight boards and six blocks.
Memphis is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Orlando Magic May 1 easily too and instead slipped up with a 112-111. In other words, don't count New Orleans out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: The Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Grizzlies are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 9.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
New Orleans have won 11 out of their last 21 games against Memphis.
- Feb 16, 2021 - New Orleans 144 vs. Memphis 113
- Feb 06, 2021 - New Orleans 118 vs. Memphis 109
- Aug 03, 2020 - New Orleans 109 vs. Memphis 99
- Jan 31, 2020 - New Orleans 139 vs. Memphis 111
- Jan 20, 2020 - New Orleans 126 vs. Memphis 116
- Feb 09, 2019 - Memphis 99 vs. New Orleans 90
- Jan 21, 2019 - New Orleans 105 vs. Memphis 85
- Jan 07, 2019 - New Orleans 114 vs. Memphis 95
- Dec 07, 2018 - Memphis 107 vs. New Orleans 103
- Apr 04, 2018 - New Orleans 123 vs. Memphis 95
- Jan 20, 2018 - New Orleans 111 vs. Memphis 104
- Jan 10, 2018 - Memphis 105 vs. New Orleans 102
- Oct 18, 2017 - Memphis 103 vs. New Orleans 91
- Mar 21, 2017 - New Orleans 95 vs. Memphis 82
- Feb 15, 2017 - New Orleans 95 vs. Memphis 91
- Dec 05, 2016 - Memphis 110 vs. New Orleans 108
- Nov 02, 2016 - Memphis 89 vs. New Orleans 83
- Mar 11, 2016 - Memphis 121 vs. New Orleans 114
- Feb 01, 2016 - Memphis 110 vs. New Orleans 95
- Jan 18, 2016 - Memphis 101 vs. New Orleans 99
- Dec 01, 2015 - Memphis 113 vs. New Orleans 104
Injury Report for Memphis
- Sean McDermott: Out (Foot)
- Grayson Allen: Out (Abdomen)
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Steven Adams: Out (Toe)
- Brandon Ingram: Out (Ankle)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Finger)
- Josh Hart: Out (Thumb)